barracuda and barracuda s??

-
both actually ie. engine size and everythin my cuda came slant 6 but has a 360 v8 with a auto 727 tranny, cosmetic wise i have no clue besides the badge since my car wasn't stock when i bought why not make somethin special out of her

Please clarify "Clone".

If you simply want it to look like a Formula S, get the correct emblems and have the cut outs put in for the exhaust exit on the rear valance (they were stamped out on real S cars).

Really the difference is not very big......

S cars had heavy duty suspension (Shocks, rear springs, front sway bar and torsion bars) Engine package (340 or 383) and an 8 3/4 rear end.

I think slapping S emblems on a car is silly (most people don't even get them in the right place).

If you want to make a FULL ON "Clone" you would be better off finding a real S car and take a butt load of pics.

By the way.... At 40 years old, any nice Barracuda is Special. You can build a cheesy fake S car or you can build a nice Barracuda that stands on it's own and never have to answer the dreaded.... "Is that a real Formula S" question or have people look at your vin and fender tag and mumble "fake" as they walk away.

it was more of an idea really i love my lady too much to ever cut anythin on her, she is special already survivin almost 40 years <she turns 40 august 28th> with no rust and only a minor accident AND less then 3,000 miles i think she's special enough

it was more of an idea really i love my lady too much to ever cut anythin on her, she is special already survivin almost 40 years <she turns 40 august 28th> with no rust and only a minor accident AND less then 3,000 miles i think she's special enough

I understand... The sad fact is... When you own an S Car people look at it with a more critical eye.

People always somehow want to prove it isn't real, correct or whatever....

I have had people tell me a 340 didn't come in a 68 Barracuda, People check my vin tag and fender tag all the time....... Then when they see it is clearly a 62,000 mile Formula S they move on to other things.... Oh, that's not the right intake manifold, your front seat has a split in it.... I have a very small ding in the roof from a golf ball.... They point that out too.

With a normal Barracuda you can just kick back and enjoy.

yeah i'm goin with the strobe stripe i found on ebay looks pretty nice on it i mocked it up while i was home it's NOT the AAR stirpe that curves up in the rear jus a straight strobe stripe don't see alot of them around if i can find a pic i'll post it

here ya go

70_Mid_Strobes.jpg

Just throwing out ideas, but I wonder how that strobe stripe would look cut down and placed where the '69 stripe is. Haven't seen that done yet.

69cuda, build your Barracuda any way you want it. Especially with the strobe stripe, I don't think you are going to have any of the a-wipes that go around picking on everyone's cars giving you a bad time. Did you post pics of your car yet? Either way, could you post one in this thread? I'd like to see it.

69cuda, build your Barracuda any way you want it. Especially with the strobe stripe, I don't think you are going to have any of the a-wipes that go around picking on everyone's cars giving you a bad time. Did you post pics of your car yet? Either way, could you post one in this thread? I'd like to see it.

Hi. I have to agree with GTXperience, it's your car and you are the only person you have to please. I added the stripe when I had mine painted but didn't put any Formula S badges or decals. Bobby

Hi. I have to agree with GTXperience, it's your car and you are the only person you have to please. I added the stripe when I had mine painted but didn't put any Formula S badges or decals. Bobby

Anyone that agrees with me is definitely on my good side. ;) Bobby, do you have a couple of pics of your car I could gander at? So as not to interfere with this thread too much, feel free to start another thread on your car or email them to me at: [email protected]. TIA.

Anyone that agrees with me is definitely on my good side. ;) Bobby, do you have a couple of pics of your car I could gander at? So as not to interfere with this thread too much, feel free to start another thread on your car or email them to me at: [email protected]. TIA.

Hi. GTXperience you can see more pictures in the member restorations section, they are from April or May of 2008. If you want more or something specific just ask. Thanks Bobby

The PO put the S emblems on the fenders while the car was still a \6. I forgot to weld over the holes when I did the body work so I put them back on. I don't really care what folks think and did the car to my tastes. The couple of times I have had people say something to the effect that I should have restored it to factory correctness I basically tell them if I couldn't modify it to my tastes then I would have sent it to the crusher. That shuts them up and they move on. But because the 67-69 cudas are not highly desirable most folks (even mopar people) don't know what is correct for a given year anyway.

It's a 68 with 70 Sub-lime paint, a 67 interior. I like the look of the 69 stripe so on it went (had it customized to call out 360). I always thought the "Hurst Equipped" emblems that came on Pontiacs back in the day were cool so I put one of those on too.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

thanks for that info dgc. your cuda and somebody s else with a notchback, i forgot their name but it's red with a strobe stripe. have inspired my ideas for my 69. gonna be metal flake emerald green with all new black interior with the stripe i posed above and i jus got some crager ss wheels for it to.

Build it any way you want it, make it neat and clean. No matter which way you go you will have guys "eye intercourse" (look closely) at it. Some will like it and the ones that don't have a car or bought their car done generally have some friendly constructive criticism about something on the car. I have 2 of them and they get a good bit of attention but the bottom line is that I'm the one thats enjoying them.

Good luck and most important HAVE FUN!!!!

DSC00708.jpg

Picture-10-24-08002.jpg

both actually ie. engine size and everythin my cuda came slant 6 but has a 360 v8 with a auto 727 tranny, cosmetic wise i have no clue besides the badge since my car wasn't stock when i bought why not make somethin special out of her

Hey boss like the other guys said build it to your liking.
Some of the purest get a little disturbed when you make a clone .
But really who cares they think it will bring the value down on there cars or somthing. It's your car do what you want and enjoy.

-
Back