barracuda grille

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
On the grille for my 68 barracuda the studs holding the trim on it are spinning when I try to take to nuts off. The studs and nuts are very rusty, I have tried to hold the stud with vise grips and turn the nut with a wrench and this resulted in the stud breaking, several were already broken. The chrome is not in good shape, where can I find a new trip piece, I looked on year one and they dont carry one for my car. Can anyone help?

Evan

On the grille for my 68 barracuda the studs holding the trim on it are spinning when I try to take to nuts off. The studs and nuts are very rusty, I have tried to hold the stud with vise grips and turn the nut with a wrench and this resulted in the stud breaking, several were already broken. The chrome is not in good shape, where can I find a new trip piece, I looked on year one and they dont carry one for my car. Can anyone help?

Evan

Whats wrong with the chrome, are they broken or just dented up?
Those are anodized aluminum aren't they?

Evan

Those T shaped studs are in a channel if i remember correctly, I repaired and polished a set of those about a year ago. I cut an area in the channel to slide them down and out i think and then any stud type fastener can be modified to replace the old ones I believe.

could use pics though to refresh my memory if your able to

-
Back