barracuda hubcaps??

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
anybody have hubcabs on their b-cuda if so i'd like to see them i'm thinkin of one of these two styles

chr318.jpg

chr343.jpg

hubcaps on a Cuda???? might as well put on some whitewalls to. I don't care for them myself on the Cuda's but I have some pics I will try to shrink down for ya later this evening.

yeah only reason i'm goin for hubcaps is cuz it's damn near impossable for me to find any 5 lug wheels with the 4 inch pattern it's jus impossable. i knew the car was one year only when i bought it but findin wheels is the most annoyin thing!!!

The ones on the left are both hard to find and can cost more than a nice set of wheels. The ones on the right I really like but were not an option in 68.

Here you can see all the options for 68. The standard small cap is not shone.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1968/68_Barracuda0005.jpg

Below are pics of my car with the Standard Small Cap, black wheels and some Chevy stainless trim rings, along with pics of my Wire Wheel Covers. I also have the Deluxe Wheel Covers but no pic of them on the car.

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

yeah only reason i'm goin for hubcaps is cuz it's damn near impossable for me to find any 5 lug wheels with the 4 inch pattern it's jus impossable. i knew the car was one year only when i bought it but findin wheels is the most annoyin thing!!!

Do you like slots. I do. They come in a 5x4"
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARE-A695769/

All Summit wheels in a 5x4"
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Wheels-Tires/Part-Type/Wheels/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern/5-x-4-in/?Ns=Rank|Asc&page=1

If ya don't mind changing it and it's gonna just be a driver you can send your axles and hubs to Moser. I think for around 250.00-275.00 they changed mine to 4.5. Axles get green bearings and new 3 inch studs, hubs get just studs. For sure the way to go I think. Than run any wheel you want.

i'll look into the moser idea here right now i jus ordered 1 crager ss and make sure it fits before i order the whole set i did that with a set of mb wheels predator and they didn't fit it sucked havin to take em back

i'll look into the moser idea here right now i jus ordered 1 crager ss and make sure it fits before i order the whole set i did that with a set of mb wheels predator and they didn't fit it sucked havin to take em back

Make sure you get the lug nuts for the Cragars.

And you don't want to be ordering wheels if you plan on changing bolt pattern. Going to 5x4.5" with a later disc setup up front and new axles out back is very common.

Make sure you get the lug nuts for the Cragars.

And you don't want to be ordering wheels if you plan on changing bolt pattern. Going to 5x4.5" with a later disc setup up front and new axles out back is very common.

Also with the lugs, you will need the offset washers for the Cragars. most the Cragars I've ever seen go from 4.25 to 4.75 so fitting them later shouldn't be to much problem

thank you guys for all your help though the rims won't ship out until the 14th, which sucks so bad cuz i jus went and helped my roomate pick up the rims and tires for his chebby coballs. we're gonna mount and switch em out tomorrow mornin and pick up my 72 cuda hood for my scoop transfer i plan on doin eventually.

Also with the lugs, you will need the offset washers for the Cragars. most the Cragars I've ever seen go from 4.25 to 4.75 so fitting them later shouldn't be to much problem

those washers are for uni-lug only which are 4 1/2 and 4 3/4.

make sure you are getting 3/4 shank 7/16 lug nuts. these should be 5 x 4 specific and use regular mag washers

of course this thread is 3 weeks old LOL

561334_402008229846233_1224602514_n.jpg

I know you're no longer looking for pictures of wheel covers, but heres my 68 Barracuda with the sport wheel covers with the exposed lug nuts. I always prefer the factory stock look myself.

561334_402008229846233_1224602514_n.jpg

I know you're no longer looking for pictures of wheel covers, but heres my 68 Barracuda with the sport wheel covers with the exposed lug nuts. I always prefer the factory stock look myself.

That looks great. I like the red inner fenders. They do it with white exterior paint. Was that red option in 68?

-
Back