Barracuda Matching Number?

-

SuperStock

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could anyone please tell me how to check if Barracuda "matching number"? Like, how do I know if the engine is the factory install or its been replace?

I mean if the previous owner has replace 318 by another 318 and VIN code E, is there any way we can tell that current engine is not belong to the car?

Thank a ton,

I am pretty sure the "E" engine code in the VIN was used in 67 to denote the 273-4bbl. In 1968, 318 used the "F" code in the VIN.

Grant

Ok, when you say matching numbers, most of us think you are talking about the exact engine/trans that came in the car.

You would need to tell us what year the car is, and the first five letters of the vin, to get where you want to go.

The car is 67 Barracuda, first 5 letter: BH23E

as E for 273, so how do I check if the current 273 is the one left the factory with the car?

Thanks

Go to Google Books and look up Challenger and Barracuda Restoration Guide 1967-1974. There is a short preview of the book and it tells you about all the plates and tags for your car.

The car is 67 Barracuda, first 5 letter: BH23E

as E for 273, so how do I check if the current 273 is the one left the factory with the car?

Thanks

They didn't vin stamp the block in 67. The best you can do is see if the build date of the car and the casting date on the block jive.

-
Back