barracuda prices

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I am watching an auto auction in Greensboro, NC. This 65 Barracuda was sold for 9,950. It isn't all original, but looks solid. Has 318 motor. The trim, bumpers, grill trim was all painted black. Interior appeared to be new. If it was all original, I believe from the other cars going thru, I believe it would have gone for more money.
Any thoughts.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_8383_86f68d117c7b_low_res.jpg

Do you think if it was original it may have been more. I didn't care for the black bumpers and grill. Prices are higher today than yesterday as well

My 1965 is basically an original California car. It was repainted about 20 years ago, and has had a few mods. done for the sake of drive-ability. When I had it up for sale on this site this past spring I was asking $13k for it, but would have taken less. You should have seen the comments I got, people were expecting a 100-point original show car for that price! So I would say $9950 for that car is more than I would expect to pay. However, that's just my opinion.

Sold my 65 last year, didn't reach the reserve price on eBay. After the bids closed, the next day a gentleman ask me if I still had it and wanted to know what my reserved price was, $2,800. He was there within an hour with the cash and drove it home. Had a lot of spare parts, it needed floorboards and partial rears.....they are worth as much you can get out of them.

DSCN1235.JPG

My 1965 is basically an original California car. It was repainted about 20 years ago, and has had a few mods. done for the sake of drive-ability. When I had it up for sale on this site this past spring I was asking $13k for it, but would have taken less. You should have seen the comments I got, people were expecting a 100-point original show car for that price! So I would say $9950 for that car is more than I would expect to pay. However, that's just my opinion.
You have a very nice looking car but to bring top dollar on an early A people will want a close to original car. Modification takes away from the top dollar price. I think the car posted by Tommy would have brought more if the bumpers were chrome instead of paint also.

There was a really nice 65 Mustang that auctioned off at 10,500 yesterday. It was a 289 automatic. Of course there were the Cobra's for 900,000 and the Cuda's that were in the 150 to 175,000 range. I had never been to a major auction and had a lot of fun and did see about 600 really nice automobiles being sold. Mr. Vernon from South Beach Classic probably purchased 20 cars or more.
If I were a wealthy person, I would certainly need a huge garage because several of those cars would have come home with me.

Chryslerfat:

I totally agree with you. I;m not sure if $12k is top dollar for an early A, but maybe it is. What do others on the forum think?

Man oh man.....it always make us Canadians shake our heads in envy when our US friends talk about pricing that seems to be high. We are a stone's throw away from you. Here is an example of what prices we are asked to pay up here.

You have no idea how lucky you guys are when it comes to car prices.

Barracuda 1965 Formula S | voitures d'époque | Laval / Rive-Nord | Kijiji

1966 barracuda 226 787 2309 formula s | classic cars | Windsor Region | Kijiji

Rare 1966 Plymouth Barracuda mint condition | classic cars | Kitchener / Waterloo | Kijiji

Man oh man.....it always make us Canadians shake our heads in envy when our US friends talk about pricing that seems to be high. We are a stone's throw away from you. Here is an example of what prices we are asked to pay up here.

You have no idea how lucky you guys are when it comes to car prices.

Barracuda 1965 Formula S | voitures d'époque | Laval / Rive-Nord | Kijiji

1966 barracuda 226 787 2309 formula s | classic cars | Windsor Region | Kijiji

Rare 1966 Plymouth Barracuda mint condition | classic cars | Kitchener / Waterloo | Kijiji

People can ask 50 thousand if they wish. But they do not sell for over 12 or 13 for a near perfect example. Heck I could list a parts car over and over for 10 thou but it is still only worth 1k to 1500

Those were some nice looking cars from Canada

-
Back