barracuda replacement quarters

-

ratvon

Reaction score
who makes a decent replacement quarter for a 68 notchback barracuda. I order a goodmark quarter from summit and it has to be the biggest pice of crap I ever got. are all these panels from all these companys coming out of the same factory in taiwan?

who makes a decent replacement quarter for a 68 notchback barracuda. I order a goodmark quarter from summit and it has to be the biggest pice of crap I ever got. are all these panels from all these companys coming out of the same factory in taiwan?

AMD all the way!!

Could you elaborate on what is wrong about the Goodmark quarters ?
Most aftermarket stampings come from Mexico rather than overseas.

It has severe waves, scratches down to the bare metal. Small dents and the top edge is bent up

A large percentage of replacement body panels have a dent somewhere. The larger the panel the more likely the dent. The tiny little fenders for modern cars are normally straight beacause they'll fit in a box.
The top edge of that quarter is supposed to be bend up. To pull it down with clamps and weld it makes it more rigid. A panel without surface tension is called a blooper because it makes that sound when it moves in and out. I hope that makes sense.

The top edge of that quarter is supposed to be bend up. To pull it down with clamps and weld it makes it more rigid. A panel without surface tension is called a blooper because it makes that sound when it moves in and out. I hope that makes sense.

There are no dents or dings in my AMD sheetmetal. They are properly packaged to prevent that. I have full 1/4s and roofskins to prove that.

We in the body world call that "Oil canning". I really don't think you need tension in the replacement pieces.

All other inferior replacement panels were stamped to fit "Over" the original panel. AMD is a OE style 1/4 that is a direct replacement. No jacking around with fit for sure!
All my sheetmetal needs are filled by AMD whatever the car may be!

This thing would need a skim coat of filler from front to back to make it look right and AMD doesn't have anything for a notchback which I think I forgot to mention. Is it possible to cut down a fastback quarter to fit a notchback?

From my understanding they all look like they have been thrown down a road from the factory. The only good thing about them is they dont have rust.

This thing would need a skim coat of filler from front to back to make it look right and AMD doesn't have anything for a notchback which I think I forgot to mention. Is it possible to cut down a fastback quarter to fit a notchback?

Same 1/4 from the beltline down!

-
Back