Barracuda tinted glass questions

-

Chris

Reaction score
Our 68 B-cuda has A/C and such it came with tinted glass. Well upon inspection all windows are tinted except the driverside door glass (vent window is tinted). Is this correct? If not, do I have to use a replacement from a barracuda, or can I use the glass from a dart or something?

Thanks!

That door glass should be coke bottle green also. Alternate glass would have to come from a no post Dart or Scamp. Barracuda door glasses are same for notchback and fastback if that helps. Convertible door glasses are different from others too.

According to my parts manual the door glass is Barracuda only for the fastback. The notchback glass fits a notchback Barracuda and convertable and the Dart convertable.

I got a notchback and covertible here. The door glasses and quarter glasses are different. i wont argue. I've never owned a fastback. I always assumed the fastbaack and notchback would have same doors, glasses, and roof lines, back to the stricker posts.

All of your glass should be tinted and the notch does curve down in the rear so you`d have to find a fastback donor.

I just re-read the responses to my question and now I'm confused. Lets try this, it'll be easier for me to understand:

68 Barracuda Convertible door glass, what will fit?

Barracuda/Dart convertible: YES

Barracuda Notchback: Yes OR No?

Barracuda Fastback: Yes or No?

I got a guy who has a tinted piece from a fastback, but he said he doesn't think it'll fit, but from the responses here, it should?

Thanks guys
-Chris

No, the fastback will only fit fastback. You`ll need a convertible to work on your convertible. For some reason I thought you had a fastback but now re-reading your post I see it`s a convertible. Darts, I don`t know.

You're limited to convertible glass.

Either '67 or '68 Dart or Barracuda convertible is your only option.

Longgone posted while I was typing. Notch will not fit.

If you want to call a wrecker, the Hollander number for the glass is 277-03210.

You're limited to convertible glass.

Either '67 or '68 Dart or Barracuda convertible is your only option.

Longgone posted while I was typing. Notch will not fit.

If you want to call a wrecker, the Hollander number for the glass is 277-03210.

Thanks for the correction ,I stand corrected.

That`s me getting my information from Ebay. Lol! Chris, if you can`t find any glass for your door I know a fellow that may have some. The clincher is that he just left to join in a clean up of an oil spill off the Gulf Coast and probably won`t be back for a month. He does have some convertible glass ,though I don`t know if it`s tinted or not.

That`s me getting my information from Ebay. Lol! Chris, if you can`t find any glass for your door I know a fellow that may have some. The clincher is that he just left to join in a clean up of an oil spill off the Gulf Coast and probably won`t be back for a month. He does have some convertible glass ,though I don`t know if it`s tinted or not.

We're in no rush for the glass, but I figured it was going to be difficult to find so thats why I'm starting my search now. :D

Let me know what you're buddy has, hopefully its tinted. Either way its not a big deal as we have a complete set of non-tinted stuff. The tinted glass is just so cool.

Thanks guys
-Chris

-
Back