Barrett-Jackson "Behind the Block" (Ramcharger)

-

Casey Davis

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the video showing David Clabuesch, owner of the 1970 Ramcharger "lawsuite" 'cuda making an *** of himself on Barrett-Jackson?
The link I had saved to my favorites got zapped over the weekend.
It was funny and I miss it.

Casey Davis

I dont have a link, don`t know how to post if I did, but I watched that on speed channel, man he was pissed. He felt they did`nt represent the car, good enough. Which I agree. Alot of times they`ll stop the bidding to express the historical significance of a car and it`s unique features, 2 or 3 times! car went for 300.000. I guess he was expecting a Mill. If this is no reserve, and he signs contract, oh well, plus pay B.J.`s 10%:-|

This is a good article on the Barrett Jackson aution and what kind of huge lawsuit they could be facing because of their greed. Serves them right and it's about time the truth comes out about them.

Here's the link to the article http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-159345.html

I have read that before...took along time.
It his hard to say who is telling the truth on such matters.
When you have a formal post from a B-J spokesperson people seem to chill out though...

Quite an interesting article and highly believable too :-D

As a complete car nut I like watching the auction just for the cars, even went to the one in Vegas this year, basically it's just an incredible car show. I just walked around looking at the cars, didn't spend much time watching the actual auction. Talked to lots of owners, one of which had a snarky comment about Craig Jackson, to me he comes off as an arrogant prick and that's pretty much what that guy said too.

I was there for the auction & I find it odd the car went for so little when there were other, less significant & successful cars going for more than 300k but 1 mil? It's kinda hard to defend your expectation when one of the original Ramchargers walks up to you, congratulates you & says he thinks it's a fair price. I've been going to B-J for years & EVERY car WITHOUT EXCEPTION is grossly overpriced.

I saw Warren Johnsons prostock car go for 85K last year. I'll bet you couldn't buy the engine for that money. Warren didn't look to happy about it either.

In regrds to the B/J shorting the stage time. Wouldn't that be totally counter productive for the auction, as they get paid a percentage of teh selling and buying price?
On the other hand, having "planted" bidders raise up the prices early on would elevate the remaining values, thereby increasing B/J's rake.

I was there for the auction & I find it odd the car went for so little when there were other, less significant & successful cars going for more than 300k but 1 mil? It's kinda hard to defend your expectation when one of the original Ramchargers walks up to you, congratulates you & says he thinks it's a fair price. I've been going to B-J for years & EVERY car WITHOUT EXCEPTION is grossly overpriced.

I wouldn't say EVERY car, most maybe. There were some pretty good deals in Vegas if you're into restomod/street rod type cars. Even at any of their auctions those kinds of cars are often semi reasonably priced. Numbers matching muscle cars are a different animal though, hopelessly overpriced.

This truck went for 50K as I recall, those of you that have been building your cars know how fast the money goes through your fingers. This was an amazing truck for the money, perfect paint, interior, etc. Yes I know it's a Chebby, squint whwn you look at it if you have to :-D

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

I'd be scared to fart in that truck, let alone drive it.

I've never paid much attention to those high priced auto auctions, out of my league. Even if I had the money, no car is worth a mill.

I'd be scared to fart in that truck, let alone drive it.

I've never paid much attention to those high priced auto auctions, out of my league. Even if I had the money, no car is worth a mill.

I agree that no car is worth a mil but for 50K I'd take that C10 over a new truck any day for the same money, besides it's leather, I think that's more fart friendly than cloth :-D

Leather is less fart permeable and won't absorb the noxious gases for later release. :)

LMFAO @ 'fart friendly'!!! That's a beautiful C10 for sure though.

Don't get me started on Barrett Jackson car auctions. I could type for a week and still not be done.

-
Back