Barrett-Jackson Starts Today (01/19/10)

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Barrett-Jackson (Scottsdale) TV coverage starts on SPEED in just a couple of hours. 10 Mopars (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) on the auction block today. I think the most interesting will be the '63 Plymouth Sport Fury Max Wedge recreation late in todays auctions (Lot# 86.1).
Go to http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...list.aspx?aid=304&sd=01/19/2010&ed=01/19/2010 to see the complete list of cars for this event.
Anybody going shopping???

We'll see if I can catch any of it when I get home from work. Anybody see the rerun the other night w/ the Plum Crazy convertible Hemi Challenger? Bidding peaked at $700,000, reserve was set at $1,000,000.

nice cars but i think barret jackson ruined the car hobby for the average joe thank goodness i got atleast one before silly prices went threw the roof

nice cars but i think barret jackson ruined the car hobby for the average joe thank goodness i got atleast one before silly prices went threw the roof
Gotta agree with you. Every Tom, Dick and Harry thought they had a million dollar car in the garage.

We'll see if I can catch any of it when I get home from work. Anybody see the rerun the other night w/ the Plum Crazy convertible Hemi Challenger? Bidding peaked at $700,000, reserve was set at $1,000,000.

Was this auction BJ? Because BJ runs a no reserve auction............

It will be interesting to see how this year will be like. You could tell that it (money) was down last year.

Was this auction BJ? Because BJ runs a no reserve auction............

They use to have reserves but did away with it a few years ago.

The problem with BJ is the cars that sell on Tuesday & Wednesday are the ones that sell for normal pricing but the average idiot don't see those auctions, they only see the high end cars that sell on the weekend and are just too stupid to tell the difference.

I think the most interesting will be the '63 Plymouth Sport Fury Max Wedge recreation late in todays auctions (Lot# 86.1).

'63 Max Wedge recreation went for $49,500.
Other Mopars on the first day (selling prices as reported on the B-J website):
$62,700 '71 Charger R/T
$48,400 '70 Challenger R/T
$41,800 '37 Plymouth Pickup
$30,800 '72 Challenger
$23,100 '58 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop
$14,575 '73 Plymouth Scamp 2-door hardtop
$ 4,510 '67 Dodge Polara Squad Car
$ 4,510 '65 Chrysler Newport 4-door sedan

YAY More over priced cars! (ugh) I do like watching for the "Ooooooh shiny" factor though.

Can't remember the model but a 70s Plymouth with a hemi sold for $102,000

when I was watching last night as I was falling asleep

i was watching an epsoide of rags to riches the other day and Berry took a car to BJ auction in Scottsdale, No reserve but when it sold the price was lower than he liked so he "declined the sale" . sounded like he had to pay some sort of penalty fee to do this, or perhaps just cover the auctioneers cut I'm not sure. I will have to go back and see what episode/ car this was on. Any one ever hear of this? seems a bit unfair to the poor sap that got the winning bid.

$30k for a '72 challenger...and $14k for a '73 318 scamp:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:..and the guy on here trying to sell the '72 "nice" black duster can't get $10k..i just don't understand it....

The Scamp was a 72 with a 73 nose, 340 6 pack, auto console, T/A exhaust tips, and 500 wheels that is why it went for what it did...but it was still too much.

-
Back