Barrett Jackson tonite !!!

-
I'm in the leisure section of my shop watching it now too, I thint that 66 Dart is on the screen :-D

DSC02602.jpg

Ummmmmm..................can i watch it at your place? Nice setup!

Ummmmmm..................can i watch it at your place? Nice setup!

Sure, come on over, it's a bit of a drive mind you :-D

I have the best of both worlds in there, work on the car, lay on the couch with a beer and watch the Speed channel, repeat as necessary, seems to be more beer than work lately :toothy10:

Yea, it was not. I bought it from the original owner, owned in for two years and sold it...

Everything else was accurate...

Still amazes me that ended up being a BJ car

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

Well I have definitely lost all faith in what is said about those cars now.

Damn Rob! You've got it made over there.

It's definitely my happy place :-D I've been rebuilding it for the last while, it was a disaster in there before. I put up walls to seperate the work area from the rest and tools room. As with all shops it could all be bigger but it gets the job done :-D

Looks like it's a buyers market at the ol' BJ. Auction this year. The market is a bit soft due to the economy. But we all bought our cars to drive and enjoy
so whatever the market does I don't care. I bought it so I could enjoy it not as an investment. The auction is fun to watch and a great car show to boot. I would like to experience it live . I'm sure it's lots of fun. toolmanmike

Well I have definitely lost all faith in what is said about those cars now.

Yea, in this case...this was definitely not an accurate statement.

Original Owner
I owned it for 2 years - 2nd owner
I sold it 1 year ago - 3rd owner
person who bought it for $13,500 - 4th owner

I am somewhat disillusioned with the whole thing as well.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

Yeah I've been watching it a little tonight. Prices are low aren't they? Rick Hendrix has bought a Corvette and some kind of 23 Chevy?? He bought both of those less that 45 minutes. $$$$$$

The higher dollar cars always sell on friday/saturday but I don't ever remember seeing so many cars selling for the $20,000-$30,000 range.
toolman

Yea, in this case...this was definitely not an accurate statement.

Original Owner
I owned it for 2 years - 2nd owner
I sold it 1 year ago - 3rd owner
person who bought it for $13,500 - 4th owner

I am somewhat disillusioned with the whole thing as well.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

Wow! No wonder the president Steve Davis wears sunglasses inside at night. Jeez!

I am not trying to defend Barrett Jackson so no flames please. I am sure I have heard or read they have a disclaimer that they do not research the claims made by the sellers. If you as the seller says it's a numbers matching one owner car, the buyer has to do his due diligence the same way he would buying it off the street or anywhere else. Even if they wanted to, could you imagine trying to verify all the claims made on 1500 or so cars :munky2:

Sure, come on over, it's a bit of a drive mind you :-D

I have the best of both worlds in there, work on the car, lay on the couch with a beer and watch the Speed channel, repeat as necessary, seems to be more beer than work lately :toothy10:
ummm where in Victoria are you ? just kidding when are we going to see that car cruising around town ?

ummm where in Victoria are you ? just kidding when are we going to see that car cruising around town ?

I never noticed you're from Victoria as well, some of us locals occasionally get together for beers, not nearly enough actually. I'm in Gordon Head, where are you?

You won't be seeing the Duster for a while, my kids bogged me down with their cars and I promised my wife I would finish restoring her 65 Stang next, boo, hiss :bootysha:

Cool let me know when and where ,I'm down behind Crystal Pool on Queens I've met Dave 65Val a couple of times at Francelli's and I run into the guy with the dark blue scamp? who turned me onto FABO all over the place but would love to meet some new friends

sounds like you got a lot of projects on the go , a stang? well at least they circled their mistakes for you eh!

The guy with the dark blue Scamp? Would that be Jimmy with a 69 Signet maybe? I can't think of anyone with a blue Scamp. We keep talking about getting together but it only happens occasionally. I'm sure we'll get together again soon, we'll give you a shout :-D

Yeah, way too many projects, 65 Stang rag top, 59 TR3, 51 Chev pickup, 64 Riviera and of course the Duster. I need more time, money and energy :angry7:

Yea...Kinda funny, that was my car. Literally...I owned that car for a few years. If you look in my gallery, you will find pics of it.

I am sick. My wife is wondering why we did not sell it ourselves at BJ...

OldMoparsRule

They called it a one owner car??????

One owner at a time... so they aren't fibbing. :-D

That whole BJ auction thing disgusts me.

The guy with the dark blue Scamp? Would that be Jimmy with a 69 Signet maybe? I can't think of anyone with a blue Scamp. We keep talking about getting together but it only happens occasionally. I'm sure we'll get together again soon, we'll give you a shout :-D

Yeah, way too many projects, 65 Stang rag top, 59 TR3, 51 Chev pickup, 64 Riviera and of course the Duster. I need more time, money and energy :angry7:
yeah thats the car/ guy don't know why I always gap on names , the car is on the same path as mine 318 -cam- headers -360 heads 8 3/4 but now I'm thinking I'm going to add a stroker kit to the mix , and now back to your regular programming lol

I am not trying to defend Barrett Jackson so no flames please. I am sure I have heard or read they have a disclaimer that they do not research the claims made by the sellers. If you as the seller says it's a numbers matching one owner car, the buyer has to do his due diligence the same way he would buying it off the street or anywhere else. Even if they wanted to, could you imagine trying to verify all the claims made on 1500 or so cars :munky2:

Yup, I hear you, and completely understand. Thanks for the perspective. I have read back through this, and am hoping I do not sound bitter...

I guess it has always been a dream to go to the Auction, and buy or sell a car (and be rich...). I am bummed that I apparently had a car of that caliber that I sold for a LOT less to someone locally. I was told it was going into a collection. I guess I have to remember that the point that money exchanges hands, all bets are off.

That was a great car, and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to buy it, drive it for 2 years, show it at the various Flings...etc.

Now the start on the next project...stuffing 315x60x15's into the back of my 64 Dart. More to come this weekend.

Thank You!

OldMoparsRule!

Yup, I hear you, and completely understand. Thanks for the perspective. I have read back through this, and am hoping I do not sound bitter...

I guess it has always been a dream to go to the Auction, and buy or sell a car (and be rich...). I am bummed that I apparently had a car of that caliber that I sold for a LOT less to someone locally. I was told it was going into a collection. I guess I have to remember that the point that money exchanges hands, all bets are off.

That was a great car, and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to buy it, drive it for 2 years, show it at the various Flings...etc.

Now the start on the next project...stuffing 315x60x15's into the back of my 64 Dart. More to come this weekend.

Thank You!

OldMoparsRule!

Don't feel TOO bad.... You have to figure that some people just buy these cars just to say "well, I DID pick this up at the BJ auction"... *ooh ahh!*:love2:

Don't feel TOO bad.... You have to figure that some people just buy these cars just to say "well, I DID pick this up at the BJ auction"... *ooh ahh!*:love2:

Thanks for the encouragement! I am officially now over it.

I am now the guy that *had* a BJ car...

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

oldmopars,
Did you e-mail those guys? They do take e-mails. They'd probably delete it before someone got wind of it but it might be interesting if they didn't.

I noticed that prices were low. An original 65 vette with original paint went for 55k. That's low for that car at this auction. The '69 Mustangs were doing pretty well whether original or custom.

Like someone else said, I don't recall seeing so many cars go for 20 or 30K. Also, if I hear the announcers say "no harm no foul" one more time I'm going to throw a beer at the TV.

Thanks for the encouragement! I am officially now over it.

I am now the guy that *had* a BJ car...

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

If it makes you feel any better don't forget they take 10% commssion and a little known fact is it costs you $700 to I believe $1300 just to have your car there so the $13,500 is $11,450 max in you pocket :-D

-
Back