Barrie auto flee market

-

silver fox

Reaction score
Thinking of going this sept. has any one been there is it worth it any input's
on parking ect thank's

I used to vend used parts there off and on for about 20 yrs.There were lots of empty spots this spring when I went there.( I was looking to buy this year) Used to be a great place before they started letting clothing venders in. If you want to buy crappy,cheap socks,t-shirts that's the place. Most of the hard core automotive venders are gone, lots of ATVs and snowmobile parts.As far as parking it is pretty handy, just across the street from the entrance but they started charging $5.00 per car now, first time ever. My own personal opinion I won't ever go back if they stay this way. If you have any more questions or need some info you can PM me if you like. Sorry I don't want to sound too negetive , but I don't want you too waste your time and gas money to be dissapointed.
Ralph. This is only my opinion.

Last time i was there was 5 years ago (spring) and seemed to be a nick nack place. Was not worth my drive.

I have heard even at canadian rodder forums that its not even worth having the show or attempting to vend there because its just nick nacks

If your looking for Mopar parts don't waste your time....chebby and ford stuff mostly..yes lots of venders dropping out.
AL

This is what I've always heard as well, so I've never bothered to go either.

thank's for the inputs is there any thing else I should look for i'm visting my son in Port Perry first week in sept. & like to spend a guy's day

Spend your time, money at Moparfest, its a blast. we have a tent there and dinner etc. etc.etc

Don't bother with barrie. When I first started going 5 years ago it was good. I have been almost every year except this spring. And now that I hear they are gouging people 5 dollars to park I wont go back. Also there is next to nothing there for mopar, like 5 to 10 vendors out of hundreds.

mopar fest sounds great I've read it's great i'd like to go tell me when I've seen the thread I do hope to make it & meet the family

Silver Fox I may be biased because they pay me a hundred bucks every time I show up at Moparfest but I would definitely recommend it for your bucket list , plan on showing up in Kitchener early Friday afternoon because thats when the real fun begins , the cocktails are flowing and we sit in the parking lot watching the show cars roll by on the highway while surrounded by Mopar metal and if we didn't tip well I'm sure the greek place we go for dinner would have run us off years ago eh !lol .

I agree that 20 odd years ago it was a good place to find some Mopar goods. Now it's just a place to walk around looking at stuff you don't see everyday. I like to go and usually come home with something.The beer tent is always a good place to buy something!! lol..:drinkers:

i have been going for 10 years now. it is getting worse every year. but for some reason the wife and me love going each year. if you miss it you feel like you are missing out.

-
Back