Baseball playoffs

-
If La Russa doesn't overthink and overstrategise like he always does in the postseason the Cards should be able to handle the Phils. Have friends in Milwaukee who told me they had an extra ticket if I wanted it for last sundays game but too short of notice. They did say they will save me a seat when the Cards come there though (sorry Joe). Rematch of the 82 series.

Tigers all the way, at least to the World series!! Went to the Tigers/Yankees game last night, and saw Justin Verlander pitch (in person) for the first time. What a game!! Jeff Daniels played a blues song he made up about the Tigers before the game, and Kenny Rogers (no, not the gambler) threw out the cerimonial first pitch!

Missed it by that much tonight. Cards played well and had many chances but the phills out pitched them. The squirrel in the outfield was a nice distraction for awhile though. Waiting now to see the outcome of the Diamondbacks game so I know what time to get to the stadium tomorrow night.

I'm still pullin' for my D'Backs, but they've got a big hole to climb out of :happy1:

Tigers over the Yanks is a must.....Go Detroit and Big Papa Grande :thumleft:

Looks like the Rangers dispatched the Rays in the first round, goin for another world series run.

I'm still pullin' for my D'Backs, but they've got a big hole to climb out of :happy1:

Tigers over the Yanks is a must.....Go Detroit and Big Papa Grande :thumleft:

2 ex-Jays on the D-backs...Hill and Mcdonald....Hill is actually hitting good now too! No better infielder than Johnny Mac and a genuinely great guy! Too bad his hitting sucks!

Yep, getting Hill and Mac for Kelly Johnson has worked out great for us so far :D. The D'Backs have come a long way in 1 year from last to first :shock:

I think LaRussa should have pinch hit for Garcia in the 6th, He pitched great but how many times did he get up with runners on just to make the last out. You're only going to get so many chances against the Phils.

No better infielder than Johnny Mac and a genuinely great guy! Too bad his hitting sucks!

yep- even if Johnny Mac was a .250 hitter he'd be a first-ballot hall of famer just based on his glovework.
Really hope he comes back to the Jays at some point-even if it's only coaching after he retires.

p.s I've never heard a bigger celebration after a meaningless regular season game than when Mac hit a walk-off earlier this year (against the yankees maybe?)

Great game in STL tonight. The squirrel even made an encore apperance. Now on the Philly to finish it off. Wouls have been nice if they were able to do that here though. Go Cards.

Great game in STL tonight. The squirrel even made an encore apperance. Now on the Philly to finish it off. Wouls have been nice if they were able to do that here though. Go Cards.

Been a great series so far. Still believe Phillies win. Hey that's what homers do. On a side note if the squirrels smart he will stay in St. Louis he will most likely get tasered by security if he runs on the field here.LOL.

Philly is close by, might be able to round up a neighborhhod squirrel and give him a road trip to the baseball game Friday.

:D The D'Backs exploded on their home field to tie the series at 2 - 2. The big test is tomorrow.....hope they keep those bats HOT :!:

note to opponents of the Diamondbacks-

Don't let them load the bases at home.

Hope that applies to away games too...Load 'em up and slam 'em out :thumrigh:

Great game tonight and hope the Tigers can hold the lead :cheers:

what a great game between 2 great pitchers, sorry Joe, but the Cards had their number. they're hard to beat when they're the underdog. On to Milwaukee.

What a great game between two excellent pichers. St. Louis was very luck to jump on Halladay in the first inning. I hope Howard isn't hurt too bad.

-
Back