Bass Players

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
my church is looking to buy a nice 6-string bass for me but dont have alot of money to spend

ive been looking online and found a 6-string ROGUE
ANYONE ever see/hear/play a ROGUE??

GOOD/BAD/UGLY??
the website i found it on got way better reviews over a PEAVEY 6 string!!

I've heard of them but never played one. Vantage makes a real nice 6 string and a good price. I like the Ibanez Sounds Gears the best.

Rember, you better off buying a lesser known companies top of the line bass then a well known companies cheaper bass.

Will the spring for a Carvin ? Awsome basses, top of the line stuff for a great proce. Just not dirt cheap.

I've played a rouge 5 string and it played well for a bass with factory settings, action could be lowered real easy and not buzz. I modify every thing I play. It had a real good sound for both lows and highs thru the liitle practice amp at the guitar store. I wouldn't hesitate to buy ine if the proce was right. Played as well as the fender that was there.

I have the 5-string version (LX405 pro). I use it for recording purposes and it sounds good. Rogue is a "Musician's Friend" brand, but the bass does compare to higher price "name brands". You'll get more than your money's worth out of it. It should be more than adequate for you. I'd post a pic of mine so you can see more detail, but I forgot how. I also have a Rogue RB20 bass amp and it works very well. Musician's Friend is an easy online company to deal with and I've bought from them several times - heck, I even have another ESP guitar on the way from them.

I love those basses, I had a 4-string version. The Rouge still may be a better deal because your not paying for a brand name.

I am tempted to get one of the six string basses myself.

mikesduster said:
the ROGUE 6-string im looking at is $249.00!!!!....it got WAY better reviews then the 6-string PEAVEY did!!

im also looking at an ESP for around 500-600 buck.

you like this one??..http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SR506-i129440.music
That Ibanez looks great, but I wonder how bright the sound would be since the body is made of mahogany. The ESP I'm picking up is the ESP LTD M200FM - $419.00 - pretty cheap considering it has a 3 piece maple though-body neck. I also have a ESP LTD M207 (7-string) that I love and a custom guitar that I built. I'm loving the ESP's. What kind of gear do all you guys have?

I actually play guitar now. I started on bass though. I had to Ibanez basses and a Squire P-J bass. For an amp I had an old Marshall 800 watt head and Carvin 4X10 and 1X18" cabs.

Now I have a Gibson L.P. Studio, 2 schectors 1- 6 string, 1 - 7 string and a Ibanez 7 string. @ marshall 4X12 cabs, a Marshall Valestate heads and a Ampeg VH140C head.

-
Back