bast LA 4speed intake?

-
I think that an intake should be tuned to the cam and use of the car. A 4 speed eliminates the need to match RPM power ranges of a stall speed to what the engine produces, but your camshaft and overall CFM is what will dictate what is best to use.

For a street car, I still like a dual plane with high vacuum signal, for more torque. For a high heat, high RPM car, an air gap could be useful to keep the air charge dense, but if you see cold driving conditions with your car or have hood clearance issues, it can be more of a problem than aid.

Depends on engine size & application. A 318 would probably be happy with a dual plane, where a 408 would work good with a Victor or M1 single plane!

No one manifold covers all builds that's like what are the best shoes ...for what golf or bowling?

Depends on engine size & application. A 318 would probably be happy with a dual plane, where a 408 would work good with a Victor or M1 single plane!

I know of a few 11 second 416s that picked up switching from a M1 to an Air Gap, 1 auto car, 1 4 speed

Air-Gap is just an M1 for the street, nothing new... All Air Gaps are dual plane and M1's single plane. M1 was probably where Eddy got the idea

And the M1 single planes somewhat copied the Holley Strip dominator......

Attachments

• 11aaa.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 11aaaa.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 260
The Performer RPM/Air-Gap is just a updated version of the LD340, which is still one of the best manifolds you can put on a streetable SBM, if you can get one?

Now, we just need some more info from the OP......:D

I found an old LD340, and I think that it's the one for the job..... I think. I've always preferred a dual plane for manual trans apps. I run an Offy 360 on my automatic car though. dual planes are good for bottom end torque. that is the main necessity for a manual......I think.

a68, the Offy's with a holley on top were very good street manifolds also. I get the feeling you know where your going here.:) Good luck and let us know how it works out. :thumbrig:

You never explained what you were doing with this car,I'll assume it's a street car.That would be an Air-Gap.
From low end to top end,it will wax both those intakes. Heck,a regular RPM will out perform them. You asked for the best.

The question shouldn't be, what is the best 4spd intake ?
The question should be more like,
What is the best street intake?
What is the best street strip intake ?
What is the best strip intake ?
This would give us a much better shot at answering the question.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...dyno_testing_small_block_intakes/viewall.html

Air gap seems to be tits for everything imaginable. It might be but, I sometimes wonder how one intake could be that good for every application possible. but I guess if it worked out for the thousands of people on FABO order it up bolt it on. If you drive in the dead of winter it might ice up on you but, 99.99999999999999% of fabo doesn't drive it winter.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...dyno_testing_small_block_intakes/viewall.html

Air gap seems to be tits for everything imaginable. It might be but, I sometimes wonder how one intake could be that good for every application possible. but I guess if it worked out for the thousands of people on FABO order it up bolt it on. If you drive in the dead of winter it might ice up on you but, 99.99999999999999% of fabo doesn't drive it winter.

I drive my air-gap equipped 360 Magnum in winter which gets well below freezing, it does fine if you use some tricks (factory-style air cleaner with heat riser) and let it warm up for a few minutes

EDIT: although that's still probably less than .00000000000000001% of FABO lol!

Air gaps,do work.As for the origin,Smokey Yunick was playing with them in the early 60's. Read a 78 Hot Rod Smokey article,mentioned" air gap" manifold bold letters. Chevy ,benched it. Someone ,patented it,likely Smokey. As soon as that patent ran out,who did the original casting? My guess,Edelbrock.

My 340 4-speed loves the M1 on the street and track, still pulls hard past 6500 :glasses7:

Thinking about an M-1 ,for the Magnum build.Very sweet,versatile manifold.

Weiand Stealth runs quite well for my hombre's 318 Dart.

I believe OU812 did a dyno test using a Air Gap and a Super Victor on a small block stroker and the Air Gap made more average hp. Ill see if I can dig it up.

-
Back