Battery cable/mini starter question

-

Thanquol

Reaction score
Got a 67 Dart with a humble 273 with a Dakota mini starter with the original 67 battery cable hookup. The starter has the cable relocation kit. I’d like to keep it.

The problem is the SB cables just barely fit on the starter including having to pull the cable out of it’s firewall bracket. The cable is getting worn and needs replacing anyway.

Yes, I know I can make my own but I’d rather get an OEM cable replacement with the cloth heat cover and rubber protective cable boot. I don't know anyone that sells just that cloth heat cover and rubber boot by itself or I would make my own. It needs to be about 5-6” longer it seems.

Will a S6 cable kit be a bit longer? How bout the BB cable? Will a B body cable be longer? If so, which one?

Anyone else deal with this and manage to get a new OEM cable kit to fit properly?

TIA!

IMG_6961.jpeg

nothing stock is likely to fit.

i like to use the OEM dakota or ram cables when i can. but if not i just fab up my own.

here's an example:

I have a reproduction cable on my 74 Duster with a mini starter, and it fits fine. I believe it's listed as a 73 cable

Rhode island wiring has it all.
Never heard of them. Wow. They actually WANT you to call them instead of email. Looks pretty professional and OLD SCHOOL.

Thanks! I will call them Monday. They dont specify post 1959 vehicles but they DO say they can make them.

Tranquil- It's a slant six cable, but I think s/b is the same. No extension on the mini starter

-
Back