battery cables

-
what do you think is a good price and how OEM do you want to look?

72 Demon 340

Something OEM looking.

over $100 for a positive cable is not reasonable.

Radnor (Airgas - RAD64059550 - RADNOR® 2/0 Red Welding Cable 250' Reel) sells Red welding cable for $4.60 a foot. My local welding shop sells off a spool (that runs $1150 for a 250 ft spool) by the foot at $5.00. Make your own, if you can find a shop that sells by the cable by the foot. Or get together with a bunch of guys on this site and buy a spool together. Cable is 2/0 gauge. Butane heated, dipped in lead or solder.
(SIDE NOTE:I ran 2/0 Red and Black under my diesel truck ((Diesels have 2 batteries, so I got juice)) to the rear bumper. Made a mounting plate and mounted welding Female Dens plugs for power to the wench (Male Dens plugs) on my trailer. Works like a charm.)

I remember shortly after we brought the 67 cuda back, Dad n I were working on it and thought about new cables. Approx $180 for a repop +ve...lmao, yeah ONE cable. Dad said f**k that.
Cables are ridiculous.

I bought a pair of cables made by member, Crackedback. USA parts, super well made. And a very fair price to. Much thicker to then stock cables. Highly recommended.

I'm having trouble understanding why they are so expensive when there's really nothing special about them.

Parts store battery cables are a fire waiting to happen. You could get some high quality welding lead and make your own.

-
Back