Battery shut-off switch

-

ronw

Reaction score
Can someone share their pic's of the shut-off switch with the linkage. I have a Flaming Rivers Switch and bracket but no linkage. I should be able to make the linkage but I'm unsure of the placement in the trunk of my 68 Dart. My battery is on the right side in the trunk.Thanks Ron

Here is what I am running on my 69 Dart

DSC_0124_zpsc3szzurm.jpg

If you are "tricky" you can turn that into an "anti theft" device on a street car. According to NHRA, the switch must PUSH off, so here's what you do: Either take the supplied rod, or get something else for the rod, and some tubing, brake tubing, etc, that is a "slide fit." With a collar on one or t' other to keep the knob / outer part captive, you can push it off, but all pulling would do is to "slide" the tubing on the rod.

Thanks Guys, I'm looking for a place to exit the push rod, your pic's help
if I was racing enough to want or need an on off switch , I`d sure put the battery on the pass. side ! !

I thought that I had a pic of my push rod on the outside just under my taillight. If you still need it I can take one for you. Mine is a 66 dart. Here is the switch/bracket I had made by a friend. It sits on the passenger side of trunk.
Rod
IMAG0667.jpg
IMAG0673.jpg

I thought that I had a pic of my push rod on the outside just under my taillight. If you still need it I can take one for you. Mine is a 66 dart. Here is the switch/bracket I had made by a friend. It sits on the passenger side of trunk.
Rod
View attachment 1714959718 View attachment 1714959719
Thank you, I think I have decided to exit the push rod just below the tail light assy. your set-up is pretty close to mine. Thanks again Ron

-
Back