battery suggestions?

-
Group 24 Costco Kirkland. Cheap,light,good battery. Great replacement warranty. Take the stickers off and go.
Light weight in a battery is not a good sign..... fewer plates and capacity.... and usually shorter longevity in any heavy cranking use. But, it would save weight for racing if it will crank OK hot.

My red-top dry-cell is 14 years old.Best value EVER on a battery!And it sits for 6 months of the year,Frozen at up to -35*F.Still starts the car in spring.And to think how scared I was to spend all that cash on a dry-cell!
I know this is an old thread, but do you have a link to the battery you mention here? In addition, where are you now with your battery? I'd be surprised if you have the same one.

Motorcraft still makes their batteries in USA, along with their oil and air filters and many other things. We sell the Motorcraft Max battery at work. I like them because 1) they are serviceable, they are NOT maintenance free. I cannot STAND a battery that I cannot service with the rest of the car. Electrolyte is the life BLOOD of a battery. 2) Motorcraft Max batteries have the dead BEST warranty in the business. Period. BAR NONE. They carry a free three year replacement and after that, you get 100 months pro-rate period. ONE HUNDRED MONTHS. You may have to reverse the battery, or use some longer cables, as they are not available in every configuration, but they are damn good batteries.

Here's another idea... I used a 34 series AGM Battery from Advance in my GTS,
WIN_20160115_134422.JPG
WIN_20160115_134448.JPG
$100. Made sure it was Black first, pulled off all the stickers and found these Mopar Stickers around the shop for it.

Motorcraft still makes their batteries in USA, along with their oil and air filters and many other things. We sell the Motorcraft Max battery at work. I like them because 1) they are serviceable, they are NOT maintenance free. I cannot STAND a battery that I cannot service with the rest of the car. Electrolyte is the life BLOOD of a battery. 2) Motorcraft Max batteries have the dead BEST warranty in the business. Period. BAR NONE. They carry a free three year replacement and after that, you get 100 months pro-rate period. ONE HUNDRED MONTHS. You may have to reverse the battery, or use some longer cables, as they are not available in every configuration, but they are damn good batteries.
Interesting..... I replaced my 2001 F530 diesel's original M'craft batteries... that lasted 11 years..... with some more. The truck sits a lot but the batteries still charge and start that big diesel well. I'm sold.

Interesting..... I replaced my 2001 F530 diesel's original M'craft batteries... that lasted 11 years..... with some more. The truck sits a lot but the batteries still charge and start that big diesel well. I'm sold.

...and those are the EXACT batteries I am talking about. They are a group 65. The Dodges use them in the Cummins trucks, too. Almost without fail, when I show a customer the warranty, they pay the extra cost for the Motorcraft. I plan on putting on in my truck, but the battery I have is still chuggin right along.

This is them:

Motorcraft Tested Tough MAX BXT65-850 - Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I just got them at the Ford dealer and pad the $$. I did not know that O'Reilly has them. Good to know that that Dodge Cummins' use them too..... the ones in the Dodge CTD are the originals and are 9 years old. They started getting a tad weaker last winter if it sat for a week in the cold. I'll need to replace them this coming winter most likely so it is good to know another source. Thanks!

Actually, Motocraft does not make "their" batteries.
They are made by Johnson Controls. They actually have the battery market cornered.
Motorcraft, DieHard, Interstate, and even the Costco Kirkland battery are all made by Johnson Controls. The Kirkland also has the same warranty as the Motocraft, at half the price.
Sooo......

Actually, Motocraft does not make "their" batteries.
They are made by Johnson Controls. They actually have the battery market cornered.
Motorcraft, DieHard, Interstate, and even the Costco Kirkland battery are all made by Johnson Controls.
Sooo......

Right........Johnson Controls also makes most of O'Reilly's batteries, which are black case batteries. I knew Motorcraft didn't make them......I just meant they were still made in USA and they are. I don't think there are but three or maybe four battery manufacturers in the world.

-
Back