BB installation on A Body Dart?

-

kruger

Reaction score
The Dart I looked at has a six banger in it,
What steps do I have to take to put it in..
IE: Will the 904 work till I get a beefed up 727.
Any issues pittung the 727 in ( Tunnel fit etc)

Master cylinder ...room?
Engine mounts
Headers
Cooling
Drive shaft.

Thanks fellahs.
Wanted to ask before I make a move on the car.

dont remmerber wich yearmodel you were loking for a bigblock instal in but i can tel for sure that you wont get a bigblock to wor with a 904 the mountingbolts sits in diferent places..
TTI has some great headers http://www.ttiexhaust.com/ schumasher has the right mounts http://www.engine-swaps.com/
cooling depends on what the intended use is for the car. master cylinder should not be a problem exept for hemi conversions! thats the things i can answer for hope someone can help with the rest!

Im looking at putting a BB in my dart as well. There should be NO problems putting it in there. Power brakes will even fit. However, the exhaust is tight. But with the right header combo that shouldnt be an issue at all. Drive shaft from a 727 small block car might possibly work or you could buy a new one. What kind of rear is it going to? Cooling should not be an issue. I actually put a slim radiator out of a Mirada in my dart. Keeps it cool and i have TONS of room. keep me informed on your progress. I wont set my BB in until Christmas because of paint. But when i do ill post pictures.

you can also put fenderwell headers in i forgot to write that because i personaly dont like to cut up cars in that way when its posible to reach the goal without doing that..

I have a 493 storker in a 68 Barracuda and the TTI 440 2" header were a baster to put in with the schumacher mounts. I had to replace the rubber mount the gave me and use small block truck mounts and I had to bend the header by both of the torsion bar,manual steering box and the tubes next to the right inner fender well to make the fit

If you HAVE to use fenderwell headers and don't mind cutting up your inner fenders, get the Pro Parts semi fenderwell headers NOT the hooker fenderwell headers. The hookers limit the tire size you can run on the front, and the collectors limit your ground clearance.

Thanks Fellahs,
Its a 68 Dart. Very very clean, Even the engine compartment.
Don't want to cut it, TTI would be the best bet, I guess.
The 727 should fit the tunnel without mods correct?

Thanks again.

I just set a 383 / 727 in my cuda ( same eng compartment as a dart) a couple days ago. I will move my frame engine mount on the pass side back about an inch and a stock b body mount from 68 will then work. On the drivers side, I will make my own mount where the original style 383 a-body mount went so I can use the external oiling system I have been using.

And get this, the stock c-body drivers side exhaust manifold looks like it will work just fine when I change over to manual steering.

hey i have a question..i'm putting a 440 in an Abody Demon...How much clearance is supposed to be between the fire wall and the valve covers?? I made my own solid motor mounts and i think the motor moved to the passenger side just a little when i welded the motor mounts....it has 1"3\4 roughly between fire wall and valve cover (top) on the pass. side and 2"1\4 roughly maybe closer to 2"1\2 between firewall and valve cover...will that throw the tail shaft off to much?? or will i be alright? thanks...

-
Back