BBP conversion

-
Did a 186 mile turnaround to Ventura Nationals this weekend while I wait for parts to arrive to do the swap.
I was originally going to call Pirate Jacks about a pwer brake master kit, but I have a stock 63 power brake booster, so all I would need is a 74 master and combination valve.
Has anyone used Pirate Jakc's kit in an early A? There are a couple of connector busses on the firewall right next to the master, and the stock booster utilizes a stand-off bracket to accomodate them. No tsure aout Jack's kit.

There's nothing that Pirate Jack sells that you can't get a better version of from DoctorDiff. And if you buy from DoctorDiff, you'll actually get customer support. From PirateJack you will get offshore parts and no support whatsoever.

There's nothing that Pirate Jack sells that you can't get a better version of from DoctorDiff. And if you buy from DoctorDiff, you'll actually get customer support. From PirateJack you will get offshore parts and no support whatsoever.
That's excellent feedback, and I thank you. My whole point withthis is as many OEM parts as possible to avoid all too common aftermarket fiascos.

That's excellent feedback, and I thank you. My whole point withthis is as many OEM parts as possible to avoid all too common aftermarket fiascos.

Sure thing!

I've been doing business with Cass (DoctorDiff) for years. Some of the parts will be the same as from PirateJack and other sellers, because the ultimate source is the same. For example, I'm sure the replacement spindles all come from the same place. However, the additional parts like, rotors, bearings, brake hoses etc have all been high quality from DoctorDiff, and that's not what you'll get from PirateJack. At least not from what I've seen.

The biggest thing is that if you do have a problem, you can send Cass an email and he'll get back to you and help you sort it out.

good used OEM parts are out there as well.

also coming up on Fall Fling next month and i know for certain you'd be able to source a complete set up in the swap meet there.

if i was looking to buy a new set up, Dr. Diff would get my money. the price is competitive, but the service is what sets Cass apart in the field.

The DrDiff kit is very complete and works 100x better than any factory brake setup. Just keep in mind that it will push your track width out a little on an Early A body. Tire clearance might be an issue and you’ll need a 15” rim. Factory 15” steelies will clear.

The DrDiff kit is very complete and works 100x better than any factory brake setup. Just keep in mind that it will push your track width out a little on an Early A body. Tire clearance might be an issue and you’ll need a 15” rim. Factory 15” steelies will clear.
you realize that the Dr. Diff set up is factory brakes, right?

14" factory steel bbp rims fit the smaller 11" rotor, because that's how ma mopar made them.

14" factory steel bbp rims fit the smaller 11" rotor, because that's how ma mopar made them.

Yup, just 73+ Ma Mopar disks.

I will say though that there are some 14” wheels that don’t fit. I don’t have a definitive list or anything, but some 14” wheels work and some don’t. Especially if you’re getting the kit that has the 5x4” pattern on the later rotors and trying to use SBP 14” wheels.

My mistake. I thought we were talking about the DrDiff 11.75”. 15” steelies are tight on those.

My mistake. I thought we were talking about the DrDiff 11.75”. 15” steelies are tight on those.

That is definitely true!

The 11.75’s are also a factory Mopar brake, just for the later B/R bodies.

So the DoctorDiff Stage I brakes are the standard 73+ Mopar disks and are 10.95”, the Stage II brakes are the 11.75” Mopar disks. Stage III is a 13” rotor with PBR mustang calipers. Stage IV is a different set of 13” rotors with Viper calipers. The stage III and stage IV kits require 17 wheels, and there are probably some 17” wheels that will not clear the stage IV kit.

-
Back