BBP Rear drums for Abody 8.75

-

NOM36

Reaction score
Hi, have an A Body 8.75 in my Dodge Demon.

I would like to go to Big Bolt Pattern and retain the original brakes. Is there a drum on the market I can use?

Even looking for a repro of the original and redrill the holes, just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Somewhere like Summit is convenient.

Thanks in advance

I run the strange axles. Tell 'em you wanna run the big car brakes and they'll build the offset into the flange. The rest is handled by the backing plates. Get the drums and backing plates from the car of your choice (all axles have the same backing-plate bolt-pattern).

It's a snap.

As far as retaining the original brakes, no, I don't believe it's possible, but a '73 with the itty-bitty drums might work.
But, why?

Moser makes an axle that uses the SBP drums. You need to drill the SBP drums to BBP.

NOM36 Been following your thread on QCA it's looking great.
Just doing this conversion now, going Wilwoods on the front & I'm using axles from Cass at Doctor Diff.
I emailed him with the details & all parts were sent to me, pricing is good & he can supply brakes to suit.
Cheers

I would like to be able to switch between SBP as I have custom offset Rallye wheels and Would like to go to a large diameter wheel in BBP.

I know how to do it by changing brakes but don't want to.

Would like to source another pair of SBP drums and redrill then.

-
Back