BBP swap disk brakes

-

twokeelya

Reaction score
It was far more work hen I had imagined and cost quite a bit, but can't wait to get her in. Next is the fronts.

barracuda

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/twokeelya/library/barracuda

Looks real good, what year Barracuda are you putting that diff in?

1t's a 69 fastback. I did the full swap, A body housing, with BBP axles cut and resplined. 8 3/4" searched everwhere for the 489 carrier with tapered 1-7/8" spline and third member, 373 ratio. Disk brake kit from summit. I had to do some minor altering on the kit to make it fit right, but the thing I really like about it is the E brake set up. it will work with my existing cable, and they are heavy duty.

Whose kit did you use?

Attachments

• 16378_10204960777488574_6317630999826702274_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 187
Whose kit did you use?

I used Summit's Kit, it was inexpensive and surprisingly high quality. I didn't want to spend too much on rear disk's, since I have to spread my restoration money between 4 classics. Just big bolt, 8 3/4" RR since I planted a V8 in the Cuda, now larger front's then I can put my sweet wheels on and drive. This completes the restoration. Paint is already done. Only thing I wish I had done was a 4 speed swap. But, I would highly recommend the kit. Special thatns to Dartman for clicking me in on the housing and axles.

I used Summit's Kit, it was inexpensive and surprisingly high quality. I didn't want to spend too much on rear disk's, since I have to spread my restoration money between 4 classics. Just big bolt, 8 3/4" RR since I planted a V8 in the Cuda, now larger front's then I can put my sweet wheels on and drive. This completes the restoration. Paint is already done. Only thing I wish I had done was a 4 speed swap. But, I would highly recommend the kit. Special thatns to Dartman for clicking me in on the housing and axles.

how do you get your photo to just appear in your post? I tried inserting image

I used TSC's kit on my last car. You can save a ton of money with that kit because you only need the mounts. The rest of the parts are OTC stuff from advanced auto.

-
Back