Be careful with electric fans! ** GRAPHIC CONTENT **

-

clinteg

Reaction score
If you can't stand the sight of blood, you better hit the back button!

I let a friend of mine borrow the Ford Taurus electric fan from my car since I'm switching it all out. Keep in mind he's been wrenching for many years and has lots of experience messing with these things. He was testing the fan on a workbench and didn't realize that he got his hand a little too close to the blades when it was going full tilt. Went clear to the bone on the pinky and 34 stitches total. He said it was the most painful thing he's ever done. I now call him "Franken-Fingers". The doc said there was some pieces of tissue missing. My buddy ended up finding those pieces later still in the fan shroud! The pictures below tell the rest of the story.

ouch!! I thought you meant these kinds of fans

Attachments

• leaf (6).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 428
  • fans 008.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 435
ouch

on the bright side, I guess that counts as an "passed inspection" ?

Lawrence those fans are cool! Though they might take a finger off if you got your hand in one of them!

Lawrence those fans are cool! Though they might take a finger off if you got your hand in one of them!

tell him to not feel too bad ! I was testing one, and it fell over when it kicked on, well guess what dumbass tried to catch it, only took 7 stitches for me. sliced down to the bone long ways on the inside of my ring fingure.
by the way, that fan is chrome and for sale, never did use it !

Wow! Wish your friend "Get well soon!"

He's doing pretty good. Missed a day of work and was back the next. Medications are keeping it from swelling and the pain isn't too bad now either. He's laughing about it now at least. :D

If you can't stand the sight of blood, you better hit the back button!

I let a friend of mine borrow the Ford Taurus electric fan from my car since I'm switching it all out. Keep in mind he's been wrenching for many years and has lots of experience messing with these things. He was testing the fan on a workbench and didn't realize that he got his hand a little too close to the blades when it was going full tilt. Went clear to the bone on the pinky and 34 stitches total. He said it was the most painful thing he's ever done. I now call him "Franken-Fingers". The doc said there was some pieces of tissue missing. My buddy ended up finding those pieces later still in the fan shroud! The pictures below tell the rest of the story.

That hurts just looking at it.

Seems like a good thread to post up my pic:

Yep, that's my fingernail, facing the wrong way. :banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 151
I didn't feel a thing...

But that must have hurt....

Seems like a good thread to post up my pic:

Yep, that's my fingernail, facing the wrong way. :banghead:

That reminds me a little bit of the time a guy wrecked his motorcycle near my house. He was wearing sneakers and got his big toe 'sanded' down.

-
Back