Be careful

-
Back bout 1969, a friend age 20 stopped to help a stranded car side the road, a drunk hit him at the rear of that car, he lost both legs.
Another reason I hate people to drink and drive.
I was it head on by a drunk at age 26. It killed him.

Back bout 1969, a friend age 20 stopped to help a stranded car side the road, a drunk hit him at the rear of that car, he lost both legs.
Another reason I hate people to drink and drive.
I was it head on by a drunk at age 26. It killed him.

good riddance

Do not take that car to a normal collision shop. That car needs to be put on a fixture made specifically for 68-70 b-bodies. There are holes in the frame where 4 stands fit when on the fixture. I have one made for 108 wheel base a bodies. There is a shop in northeast Pa. that has a b-body e-body and a-body fixtures. Your car must be put on one before cutting it apart. After it is pulled and when installing new panels.

I have a Demon That is rust free we are making a race car out of. It was hit in the quarter many years ago and repaired with a new quarter. We put it on a fixture to find the car was twisted 1 inch. Being it is going to be a race car we are holding it square on a table fixture and putting rear rails and a cage in it. The car was never hit in the front . It was hit in the side right on the wheel house. But it was the front that twisted from the collision and overlooked when repaired.

Most collision shops just get the panels to fit and send the car down the road. And don't let them talk you into gluing the panels on. These old muscle cars are rear wheel drive. Unlike the newer front drive cars the take a lot of body flex. Full panels and weld them as per the factory did.

B-bodies were noted for cracking behind the doors on the top from the factory from flex with track pack cars. Just think what a glued panel will do.

That looks to have been a very nice car and would hate to see some fly by night shop do their get it out the door and get paid job on it. I must have owned over 20 of those 70 plymouths RR's and GTX's. No body lines, Easy to be made to look straight but just as easy to screw up and hide the bad work.

View attachment 1715793660

View attachment 1715793661

View attachment 1715793666

View attachment 1715793667

View attachment 1715793769

View attachment 1715793770

View attachment 1715793771

Wow thanks for the tip. We will see what the insurance company says. I think it's insured with haggerty. It's a clone,originally a 318 satellite. So I don't see a lot of sense in fixing it. The roof is wrinkled ,the cowl is bent as the door pillar. The rest is kind of the usual collision stuff but if the roof and cowl are wrinkled I have a hard time believing that a clone is worth all the man hours to straighten.
But admittedly this is not my field of expertise.

Wow thanks for the tip. We will see what the insurance company says. I think it's insured with haggerty. It's a clone,originally a 318 satellite. So I don't see a lot of sense in fixing it. The roof is wrinkled ,the cowl is bent as the door pillar. The rest is kind of the usual collision stuff but if the roof and cowl are wrinkled I have a hard time believing that a clone is worth all the man hours to straighten.
But admittedly this is not my field of expertise.
You would be surprised how much of those wrinkles come out after it is pulled

You had me at Hank Reardon. So who is John Galt? That book changed my life.

5D69CA0A-5964-4063-976C-14E794AB2326.jpeg

You had me at Hank Reardon. So who is John Galt? That book changed my life.

View attachment 1715794508

Fantastic. That book was life changing for many of us. For me it was like someone finally telling me I was not insane. It was like someone articulated fantastically what I was thinking for my entire life.

Also if I were ever to get a tattoo yours would be in the running . Fantastic choice.

Why not? It had to have cost something to build it, so it would have value IMHO. Just my .02.
Oh it has value. We were kind of leaning toward using it as a parts car. The 512 stroker and interior is worth a small fortune alone.

Fantastic. That book was life changing for many of us. For me it was like someone finally telling me I was not insane. It was like someone articulated fantastically what I was thinking for my entire life.

Also if I were ever to get a tattoo yours would be in the running . Fantastic choice.
So I went to see the movie, and at the end I was talking to the theater manager, as there was maybe 8 people in total at the theater for the show. I was dumbfounded. I asked him about the movie flyer on the wall. He said they just toss them and the movie was only going to run one more day due to lack of attendance. Being as moved by the movie as I was, I made him a cash offer for the movie poster and it proudly stands in my shop to this day. Most folks have no idea what it even is. She is the best, I have everything she ever wrote in my library including a compilation of her radio show or the objectivist newsletters. Glad you like the tattoo, I was torn between the modern version vs the traditional. Very few folks recognize it.

This is what happened to 1 of my friends in the late 70s. There was a bad snowstorm and he slid into the ditch. He was shoveling snow behind his car when a truck went out of control and followed his tracks into the ditch crushing him between it and his car. Broke both of his legs and some ribs that punctured his lungs. He died right there in the ditch. His girl friend was in the car and got whiplash. She said a few years ago that she still can’t get that day out of her mind. I really feel for her. He was a good man. I still think of him every so often. Kim

This is what happened to 1 of my friends in the late 70s. There was a bad snowstorm and he slid into the ditch. He was shoveling snow behind his car when a truck went out of control and followed his tracks into the ditch crushing him between it and his car. Broke both of his legs and some ribs that punctured his lungs. He died right there in the ditch. His girl friend was in the car and got whiplash. She said a few years ago that she still can’t get that day out of her mind. I really feel for her. He was a good man. I still think of him every so often. Kim
Man, I'm sorry for the Loss of your Friend and His Gals torment, Kim.. that's horrible...

Man, I'm sorry for the Loss of your Friend and His Gals torment, Kim.. that's horrible...
Thanks, she was pretty messed up for awhile and still to some extent even when I seen her last a few years ago. But it just didn’t mess up only her life. Kim

Last edited:
Thanks, she was pretty messed up for awhile and still to some extent even when I seen he last a few years ago. But it just didn’t mess up only her life. Kim
Dig it.. things hit us all different ways.. and some of us have more feelings , where to some folks, people are kinda disposable.. please don't take what I'm saying wrong

Last edited:
@HankRearden So how's your dad? Were they able to set his leg so it will heal 100%. Is he ok?
He didn't want ti pinned so they are waiting until next week. If its starting to heal in alignment no surgery needed. But if it isnt healing it will be pins and a plate.
I took a couple vacation days so I have to go over and try to get him off the couch to get washed up and maybe get some fresh air. He's pushing 70 so I'm concerned about him sitting around too much and having issues from that.

He didn't want ti pinned so they are waiting until next week. If its starting to heal in alignment no surgery needed. But if it isnt healing it will be pins and a plate.
I took a couple vacation days so I have to go over and try to get him off the couch to get washed up and maybe get some fresh air. He's pushing 70 so I'm concerned about him sitting around too much and having issues from that.
Man. I sure am sorry. We're keeping yall in our prayers.

Do not take that car to a normal collision shop. That car needs to be put on a fixture made specifically for 68-70 b-bodies. There are holes in the frame where 4 stands fit when on the fixture. I have one made for 108 wheel base a bodies. There is a shop in northeast Pa. that has a b-body e-body and a-body fixtures. Your car must be put on one before cutting it apart. After it is pulled and when installing new panels.

I have a Demon That is rust free we are making a race car out of. It was hit in the quarter many years ago and repaired with a new quarter. We put it on a fixture to find the car was twisted 1 inch. Being it is going to be a race car we are holding it square on a table fixture and putting rear rails and a cage in it. The car was never hit in the front . It was hit in the side right on the wheel house. But it was the front that twisted from the collision and overlooked when repaired.

Most collision shops just get the panels to fit and send the car down the road. And don't let them talk you into gluing the panels on. These old muscle cars are rear wheel drive. Unlike the newer front drive cars the take a lot of body flex. Full panels and weld them as per the factory did.

B-bodies were noted for cracking behind the doors on the top from the factory from flex with track pack cars. Just think what a glued panel will do.

That looks to have been a very nice car and would hate to see some fly by night shop do their get it out the door and get paid job on it. I must have owned over 20 of those 70 plymouths RR's and GTX's. No body lines, Easy to be made to look straight but just as easy to screw up and hide the bad work.

View attachment 1715793660

View attachment 1715793661

View attachment 1715793666

View attachment 1715793667

View attachment 1715793769

View attachment 1715793770

View attachment 1715793771

Would you mind giving me the name of the shop you recommend so we can investigate that option?

Wow, that's a scary situation brother... Super glad to hear that the old man's ok and things we're not worse...wow...

-
Back