Beam me up scotty

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
I can't afford this for too long . This keeps up I may have to get a gas sipper baloo gets maybe 13 on a good day. Who's still driving there pig?

20220603_131410.jpg

20220603_131400.jpg

20220603_132606.jpg

20220518_150613.jpg

My Tacoma gets about the same with the oversized mud terrains. My commute is almost 50 miles round trip, so I'm in the same boat as you. I don't know how much longer my wallet can sustain it.

Sold my Challenger just before prices went nuts. Now driving a Hyundai Accent. 30mpg.

Still sitting pretty good. One tank lasts a month. What's killing me is the price of everything else. Everything in the grocery store costs an extra 80 cents or more. Bought a fuel bubble for my weedeater today. Normally, $1.75. Today, $6.50

It costs me over $100 just to mow the lawn! (That's in gas, I do it myself so that isn't for a landscaper.)

Drive my 03 Ram 4x4 3.55s 5.7 with 165k 50 miles round trip every day. Never wanted a truck payment but at $100 a week in fuel just for work, it feels like it.

We're not backin off. That's our form of protest. Phukk um. If gas gets 10 bucks a gallon, we're makin other concessions. Cars are the American way. We're not puttin up with an attack on our way of life and yall shouldn't either.

I drive 70 miles one way for work every day. Due to the cost of gas I quit my job Monday and took a job locally that I have zero interest in taking. I was spending about $600/month just to get to work.

I sold my truck for gas money... :rolleyes:

I could only buy one tank full...

Last edited:
I drive 70 miles one way for work every day. Due to the cost of gas I quit my job Monday and took a job locally that I have zero interest in taking. I was spending about $600/month just to get to work.
Different car might have been easier...?

My company is burning $30,000 worth of fuel a week.

The green new deal isn't so crazy expensive now - which was part of the plan. I haven't driven mine as much, part of the problem (which I created) is that I am learning and working on tuning the carb.

oe%3D629E4DC7&t=1654353666&ymreqid=a9c4d11b-d997-9052-2f2c-5a0333013400&sig=0OOJdiQMulsEPKeJQQRg.jpg

My Silverado gets around 15.....
My Challenger gets 30 ......Challenger is my daily.
Cuda? I'll never bother to check!

Jeff

I was going to take the Barracuda out for the weekend until I saw this week's gas prices for regular. $2.11 a LITRE!:wtf:

Coversion to U.S gallons = $7.91

*edit* I need Premium though so that will be $8.89 a gallon. :BangHead:

Last edited:
I sold some parts to a couple guys who came to the shop the other day. One was a retired mechanic who brought his friend along. We were looking at the Barracuda and he was explaining to his friend how a six pack works - talking about the center carb and how/when the outboards come in - and said that was Chrysler's solution to make their cars use fuel more economically. His friend believed every word of it, until we all erupted in laughter....I guess you had to be there.

Unfortunately, this is my daily driver here. (Used it to transport half a housefull of stuff here, and I haven't gone back yet......)
Maybe as good as ten mpg, but probably not. And every trip anywhere for anything is at least 5 miles,one way. $200 fill up in Arizona, would be well over $300 across the river in California/Nevada.

20220505_185954.jpg

Well I did take the old truck out this morning for a jog in the wheat fields just to clear my head with my co pilot in toe with her nose in the wind . Short drive for me but it's peaceful . I am lucky one tank should last me a month maybe month and 1/2 the trucks not a hot rod hell it's still running stock exhaust. So I don't have the want to make it cackle lol

20220604_072327.jpg

20220508_151139.jpg

Appropriate for the subject, there's a Fuel Economy site that lists various things that boost combustion efficiency, thus fuel economy. Worth a look:

www.mpgenie.com

Call me a weirdo conspiracy nut if you want. But I can’t get past the idea that some of the fuel price increases may be due to a plan to force people into converting to electric vehicles.
Yote

-
Back