Beard and Mustaches.

-

Coupedevil

Reaction score
I am pretty fond of my own Mustache/Mustache and beard.

As a kid I grew a weak goatee, and at 18 I started working for a security company that required you to shave it all off. I worked for that company for 8 years, baby faced. About a month before quitting I grew a Tom Selleck style Mustache, and a month later I quit and grew a beard.

Having a beard is pretty incredible, and even though I have only had mine for a year and a half, everyone says that if I shaved they wouldn't recognize me.

A friend at work has an impressive handlebar mustache, and we work in the same department, so I decided to grow out my own handlebar stache.

So Who's got a beard or sweet mustache? What do your wives or girlfriends think? Do you prefer it over being clean shaven?

I know that Pics are usually wanted in threads.

A before and after.
ca5b30d9-d364-4c48-b273-90090718876c_zpsa21b60ac.jpg

Cuties9_zps9d56ac35.jpg

Had the mustache since I was 13.

Had one job that required me to shave my beard. I usually have one. These days I'm sporting a goatee with a mustache. Have been the last couple of years. Think Old West style: goatee just below the bottom lip running to the chin. Somewhat bushy mustache.

(By the way... A goatee is separate from the mustache. If they join then it's a Davenport.)

"handle bars" with a goatee, that connect, whats that? I usually have a Davenport....

Had the mustache since I was 13.

Had one job that required me to shave my beard. I usually have one. These days I'm sporting a goatee with a mustache. Have been the last couple of years. Think Old West style: goatee just below the bottom lip running to the chin. Somewhat bushy mustache.

(By the way... A goatee is separate from the mustache. If they join then it's a Davenport.)

My father is the same way. Shaved his mustache ONCE in highschool for his senior picture because my grandma insisted. Hasn't shaved since. He's got a Wyatt Earp stache that covers the top lip, it's pretty glorious.

The last beard thread I saw was from 2013. Not sure if there were any current ones. I'm certainly an enthusiast, and have been thinking about making some mustache wax for the hell of it. I can't believe all of these companies selling it for $15-$25 for a tin that costs a buck to make... if that.

You know there is a competition.
http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/ .
I always said it was a uncivilized society the required a man to scrape his face with a sharp instrument for appearance sake before he went out into the cold winter air.
I had a beard for years till I decided it was better to get a good seal on a respirator.
Now a beard would be unconformable to me.
Found this interesting bit of trivial recently
Hitler was ordered to trim his moustache
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1550768/Hitler-was-ordered-to-trim-his-moustache.html

View attachment Bills pics 001.jpgView attachment cleaned up 001.jpg First pic is from 1995 when I married the love of my life and my best friend. The second is fairly recent as you can see the grey moved south from my head. My hair started turning grey at 16. I have had a beard of and on since 18 now 60. I have shaved a few time for jobs that would not allow facial hair. I have had it for last 25 years and my wife says it stays!

I had started growing a mustache when I was 13. Some older guys were amazed that I was so young and had my "stash".

I kept it all through high school. It kept all of the upper class men from harassing me by looking older.

I shaved it off in college...

Then in college grew my hair in back long. It was down to my shoulder blades, then had to cut it when I got a job.... They said that it didn't look respectable enough for their image....

I cut my beard ,mustache and cut my hair short. Was walking a home with the owner/builder and after 30 minutes he asked if I had a brother he had worked with on the home earlier. I have no brothers.I told him yeah thats my brother with the long hair and played along for another 15 minutes before I told him.

I also have had a mustache since high school, and have only shaved it one time! Back before kids, I took the bride to Toronto to see the phantom of the opera, and we stayed with the governors secretary! For some reason she insisted that I be clean shaven, so shave it I did! Looked about 10 years younger! I have one pic ill include when I get home, and one with the governors mrs!! Sweet lady, insisted we pay for our accommodations with American cigarettes!!! Geof

I've found facial hair covers up ugly and fat. Works for me.

during the winter I usually grow a full beard, in the summer I tend to trim it down to just a goatee and sideburns

one part I ALWAYS shave is the soul patch underneath my bottom lip

Back when I drove a truck for Swift I grew a beard. After I returned home for good my wife made me shave it off. She kept calling me a terrorist or homeless and would not stop campaigning against it until I finally got rid of it. Now she's still hounding me to lose the 50 pounds I gained driving OTR. I liked having a beard even though it does take a lot of effort to maintain.

Attachments

• BONB1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 194
  • BONB2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 185
Started beard in 1967. Except for the Navy and a spell of about 3 years , have always had it. My wife (now of 42 years) got Cancer in 2010. When she started Chemo I shaved my head and beard. When hers started to come back I let mine.
Mike

I've been able to grow a mustache since I was 12, but I've alternated from goatee, soul patch, davenport, handlebar mustache and such.

My current girlfriend loves my beard and jokes that she'd leave me if I shaved it.

I'm the one with my arm in the sling.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 132
-
Back