Bea's 62 Lancer GT

-

Bea

Dodge Damsel
Reaction score
My name is Rebecca, everyone calls me Bea. Here's my intro info...

On 02/14/10 I bought a 1962 Dodge Lancer Gt, 2 Door, HT. Her name is Bea (name suggested by family) and is now located in Lakeland, FL. Manufactured November of 1962 at the Dodge Assembly Plant, Detroit, MI. Shipped on 11/16/1962 to Murphy Motor Sales, Inc. in Detriot, MI. 2 owners in Michigan until 02/14/2010.

All original under the hood, 225 Aluminum 6 Slant, Push Button, 34,000 miles. The original Build Sheet was found under the back seat between the springs and the original jack instructions is still attached underneath the trunk lid. I found the Lancer GT on eBay and fell in love with it! (Big Thanks to Dartman440)!

To me, there's something about the simplicity of the inside the car and character of the body style...and the color just happens to be my favorite! This will be my daily driver. She's a beauty to me!

Lancer in Florida.jpg

I love your car! That thing is awesome! Welcome to the forum.

I used to think the early 60s Moaprs were dog ugly (when I was a kid). Now they are my favorites. I'd love to have one just like yours, or a Valiant. Nice, nice, nice.

Welcome, I'll say you got lucky, that is one beautiful Lancer. Love the color, just beautiful! Put an aftermarket a/c and you will be set in Florida. You're right about those cars, they were way ahead of their time. More pictures when you can please!

Thanks! I'm working on the A/C now...taking before & after pics and will post very soon.

I first looked at a 6'0 Valiant...too much rust going on...then I saw the Lancer (basically the same thing). Here's the question...can someone luv a car tooooooo much? : )

Glad to have another Lakelander on the site. I love the aluminum sixes
Roscoe

Hello Bea :happy10: And welcome aboard 8)
You know you have the coolest set up from 62 don't ya!!:cheers:
A 225 Aluminum 6 Slant, Push Button in the last year for that body style that I love dearly :love7: Nope you can not love your car to much :happy10:
Looking forward to your post's and more pictures
I lived close to Lakeland Fl. in a town called Dover and seen Bad company at the Lakeland Civic Center back in the day.
We have the best of the best tec's and great folks here Bea 8)
So pull up a chair and set a spell :happy10:

Here is Victoria :love7: she is a priceless babe gifted to me with a hart pumping Low deck 170 slant 6.

Ralley's 004.jpg

Welcome from Zephyrhills! That's a real beauty.......My Mom drove Lancers for years, including a little wagon.......Great cars!

Wow! I'm overwhelmed with al the great welcomes...will post more pics later today!
Thanks everybody! ~ Bea

Welcome to FABO from the left coast (SoCal), Bea. You're going to have fun here!
Great little '62 you have there. Anxious to see more pics.

Rebecca, welcome to the finest Mopar site on the net! It's great to have you and your little beauty here with us. We're all anxious to see more pics -- we love our car **** around here LOL -- and follow your progress as you make it your own.

Now quit reading posts and get out there and get dirty girl!!! :-D You're going to love it here.

-
Back