Beating cabin fever ideas.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Hey y'all.

What are some car related things you like to while it's too friggin cold to go in the garage let alone drive your mopar.

List your ideas.

One thing I like to do is become a catalog ho......I email the crap out of every manufacturer of car related stuff that I possibly can that offer free catalogs and have a plethora of cool things to look at when the weather sucks and the nights are long.

The problem I have with that is " The eyes being bigger than the stomach i.e. bank account". After making a list of a "few" things the total gets to 4 figures. Got a 8 second Dart w/273 in dreams then reality rears ugly head.

I tqke the time plan out how I'll do the next part of the project and determine the parts need when I start and stuff that can be ordered half way done so by the time I get the end of that part of the project the parts are there for it.

The problem I have with that is " The eyes being bigger than the stomach i.e. bank account". After making a list of a "few" things the total gets to 4 figures. Got a 8 second Dart w/273 in dreams then reality rears ugly head.

Yeah, that's what the catalogs are for, dreaming only.

Well, plus it gives an idea of some performance goodies that I might want to save up for, but remember-Some of the best projects take years to build.....time and money.

well, i just bought a big 10x16 shed, just for moparing. i like to take a bunch of parts, whether i need them or not, and recondition them. i cannot work out in this cold air, but i fire up my two portable kerosene heaters, get it up to like 95 in there, and feel like it is summer at the beach.lol and it is good for painting all the items too!

Bench build a motor, buying every part new from various catalogs with a virtual checkbook and see how much money it costs, then plug in the motor to a dyno program and see how fast you cant afford. That or install and learn Linux on your computer, that'll be 2 weeks you'll never get back.

I get depressed and look at long pieces of rope. I'm trying not to do that anymore.

A 1972 Telecaster Custom reissue keeps me busy when it's too cold to work. That's a guitar for anyone who was wondering.

When I'm on the edge I try to play my old piano. I know I'm doing it right when the dog sings along.

I spend a lot of time in my garage. I keep it at 55 degrees in the winter.
On the days I spend time there, I go out a little early and crank the
heat up to 70 then go back in the house. After about 20 minutes I
go back out, take my coat off and grab a Hot Rod and start reading.

I keep at least 3 or 4 of them on the cafe table. I keep the radio
on 24/7...Country, Oldies or Hot Rod songs depending on my mood. At least once a day I roll up the overhead door 2 or 3 feet and fire up the 'Cuda for a few minutes.

Just me, the cars and the music..........priceless

Come on spring!

No true winter in Phoenix AZ so between a car, boat and two motorcycles I'm always tinkering on something...

No true winter in Phoenix AZ so between a car, boat and two motorcycles I'm always tinkering on something...

I'm hating on you right now for have saying you have "no true winter" and being able to ride your bike and not freeze your balls off doing it. For this reason you should be driving the crap out of your Mopar and bike to make the rest of us frozen S.O.B.s feel a little better

living in Seattle I drive my swinger every day, but during the winter when its dark when I get home from work I feel less inclined to do anything except a nice big burn out : )

I,ve been ordering exterior parts for the 66 Dart,also disassembling a bunch of 66 tail-lights to get the best bezel/lenses for putting back on the car after paint.Also lots of polishing of trim/chrome.Lots to do before spring arrives.=P~

When it's too cold i go out to the shop and throw a log in the stove and get some work done LOL

School work! Oh and since my garage is attached to my apartment, It stays at a decent temp. So I work on my Scamp :)

You could always invite Mullinax95's girlfriend to pay a visit.

I'm hating on you right now for have saying you have "no true winter" and being able to ride your bike and not freeze your balls off doing it. For this reason you should be driving the crap out of your Mopar and bike to make the rest of us frozen S.O.B.s feel a little better

Yes, but the best part is when we warm up, he is sweeting his balls off in the heat, we are nice and cozy with no ac.:cheers:

play on computer, walk on my treadmill and listen to music
work overtime,,might as well make money if i cant go out and play in the yard..lol
I'm past ready for a trip to a car show or drag race

Waiting for the temp to get above 40 degree's to up grade my plugs, coil and ECU.
I have been running the point style plug's and coil and the old blue box :-D
But till then we enjoyed this last night

Attachments

• Picture 085.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 143.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 144.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 60
My son and I are doing a resto on his RR Clone. The car is in peices.. in the shop ... in the shed... in the basement. We have taken a lot of pic's so next week when the paint is on I will sort through them and make a thread on the resto. I have a lot of frustration in my life these days so i am also splitting a lot of wood to keep the shop warm.

-
Back