Beef Ribs

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We just took an animal to the butcher and i'm not sure how to get the ribs cut like say 5'' strips or 3'' strips or other ways of doing this . And also feel free to post up some of your favorite recipes for Beef ribs .

We just took an animal to the butcher and i'm not sure how to get the ribs cut like say 5'' strips or 3'' strips or other ways of doing this . And also feel free to post up some of your favorite recipes for Beef ribs .
It just depends on how big of a portion you want to defrost and cook at a time. Just like hamburger. Do you want half pound portions or 1 pound or maybe five pound. How many people you serving. You could do a little of each. Standing rib roast. Oven preheated to 500 stick it in there and turn off the oven.

I would go with the 3 inch strips. Once I got them back from the butcher I would cut them to the number of ribs I want in each strip. I know there is no need to remind you but with beef ribs low and slow or lower and slower is best when cooking.

Jack

-
Back