Been gone for a while, but my 1966 Valiant has returned from the shop.

-

nephlyte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We had a deal where he would work on it in his spare time and I would pay him when work got completed. 4 years later. Here we are.

Next tasks in descending order of urgency: Suspension (front is sagging), engine swap (already have a smooth running slant 6), and interior (no clue where to start, but its wrecked).

FNgYFsb

crcj3Hu

8yCEHhP

aHmoTLT

2019-01-09 11.25.09.jpg

2019-01-09 11.25.19.jpg

2019-01-09 11.36.25.jpg

Wow from this to this in 20 days at the body shop I'm at. Guess my guy is like 2 yrs ahead schedule.

20190105_110551.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

Ya, long story short, I often did not have money and he was often busy with other jobs. So, a slow series of payments and a loose work schedule drew it out. But, no charge for storage, so I can't complain.

I wish i had a picture of the before, but I'm bad with pictures. The front driver's side panel had cancerous rust up and down from a poor bondo job, 3/4 corners of both windshields were rusted out, all the wheel wells needed rust cleared out. A number of whiskey dents had to be cleaned up as well.

If your considering a wheel change, last year I saw '66 Valiant 4dr with 15" cop rims and dog dish caps and it really changed its appearance for the better. You got a nice ride...options?

-
Back