Before i chew my parts guy out!!

-

Youngthrill

69 GT
Reaction score
Well trying to set my valve lash on my 318...the guy gave me magnum 7.5 push rods..my block is a 76 with eddy heads ....now the first time i ordered the push rods i received mushroom type rods (273)i believe...well i cant get within specs these things seem to LONG..help me out fabo..i bought them from vic hubbard in hayward cal...reputable race shop wtf:banghead:

im useing prw rocker arms so i need ball on each end..also the cam is a lunati solid 243/251 @50 and .546/566 lift

take them back get a push rod measuring tool any good shop will let you barrow one. I had an online store cant remember which send me one free and I just had to send it back then take that and order the right ones lol you cant guess on those itll never run right if they are to long or short.

i think i got them....i set them at the lowest point on the cam..spins freely haveing bro checking them tomarow..i dont have a warm and fuzzy though ...

thanks fabo ..im sur this wont be my last post

The best way to get the right pushrods is to measure as noted... There's so many variables - block milling, head milling, valve job quality, rocker design an quality, head gasket used - it's just best to measure and then source them.

No need to chew out the parts guy. It's up to you to measure and tell him what you need. Like Moper said there are too many variables. You almost always have to order custom length pushrods when building an engine like you described.

-
Back