Being retired ideas

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Iv'e been semi retired for almost 2 years. My last kid moved out 2 months ago and my car is almost done being restored. What are you retired guys doing that live on a limited budget?

DRINK LOTS OF ALCOHOL AND HAVE AS MUCH SEX AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET JUST HAVE AS MUCH SEX AS POSSIBLE! I've been retired for 10 years and I love it!!!!!:rofl:

DRINK LOTS OF ALCOHOL AND HAVE AS MUCH SEX AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET JUST HAVE AS MUCH SEX AS POSSIBLE! I've been retired for 10 years and I love it!!!!!:rofl:
Well, I can drink anyway! LOL I started beer brewing. A fun hobby. I keep myself plenty busy here and around the house both inside and out. Always something to fix on the cars.

Got that part down real good. lol

Well, I can drink anyway! LOL I started beer brewing. A fun hobby. I keep myself plenty busy here and around the house both inside and out. Always something to fix on the cars.
I have no idea how many cars you have Mike but I think lots more than me.
I still want to try your brew someday.

I have no idea how many cars you have Mike but I think lots more than me.
I still want to try your brew someday.
Well just 6. My last batch didn't turn out like I like. I'll have to try again.

The best thing about home brewing is that the beer has no additives (Nitrates and Nitrites) these two things will give you a headache. I've found that home brew doesn't give you a headache and greatly decreases the likelihood of a hangover......that way you can HAVE MORE

SEX!!!!
:rofl:

• Find a ole' mopar that's been sitting and get it back on the road - - Roadkill style. Make most of it yourself.... and have a blast knowing you can't hurt the value of it!
  • Pick one of America's Highway, like route 66 and take a trip. It can be done on the cheap if your willing to sleep in a van or truck... park it at a camp site for 15 bucks, use their electric and shower.
  • Repeat steps above :)

• Find a ole' mopar that's been sitting and get it back on the road - - Roadkill style. Make most of it yourself.... and have a blast knowing you can't hurt the value of it!
  • Pick one of America's Highway, like route 66 and take a trip. It can be done on the cheap if your willing to sleep in a van or truck... park it at a camp site for 15 bucks, use their electric and shower.
  • Repeat steps above :)
Was thinking of a tent a metal detector and my scamp on a 3 month run any place but here.

Iv'e been semi retired for almost 2 years. My last kid moved out 2 months ago and my car is almost done being restored. What are you retired guys doing that live on a limited budget?

Pretty much the life style of self sufficiency, doing whatever you can for yourself without having to hire someone else to do things for you.

Gets expensive to bringing in other people to do work.

Scaling back on doing the full car restorations and investing in cars, market is down now and probably won't come back to the level it was a year ago.

So playing with engines, they have a lot quicker turn around time, and get them up on the engine run stand so they can be ready to go for . . whatever. Enjoy That

But yeah, mow grass, split wood for winter, try to get my affairs in order so I can head south for a couple months in the Winter.

Other than that, basic surival. Used to go out to eat with friends once a week before covid hit. Enjoyed that, something social to do.

Now pretty much staying around the home front, hope this covid thing straightens up some time soon.

Lots of shortages down in the Florida community that I go to in the Winter time, that state is hit hard by covid. So I may not even go down there this Winter.

Got to appreciate being healthy, and living in a safe area at times like these. That is the most important, everything thing else is just is just fluff after the fact.

Thanks . . .

Pretty much the life style of self sufficiency, doing whatever you can for yourself without having to hire someone else to do things for you.

Gets expensive to bringing in other people to do work.

Scaling back on doing the full car restorations and investing in cars, market is down now and probably won't come back to the level it was a year ago.

So playing with engines, they have a lot quicker turn around time, and get them up on the engine run stand so they can be ready to go for . . whatever. Enjoy That

But yeah, mow grass, split wood for winter, try to get my affairs in order so I can head south for a couple months in the Winter.

Other than that, basic surival. Used to go out to eat with friends once a week before covid hit. Enjoyed that, something social to do.

Now pretty much staying around the home front, hope this covid thing straightens up some time soon.

Lots of shortages down in the Florida community that I go to in the Winter time, that state is hit hard by covid. So I may not even go down there this Winter.

Got to appreciate being healthy, and living in a safe area at times like these. That is the most important, everything thing else is just is just fluff after the fact.

Thanks . . .
Not much happening here to shut this State down yet, I can still go out for dinner and meet up with people but yea selling or buying sucks.
I really want to take off in my old car real soon and just travel but I would have to stay out of big towns I think.

I like the metal detector idea. How about canning? I love pickled... anything. Can some chicken.

I am overspending on the 67 Barracuda Vert restoration, starting to plan on the 54 Chevy wagon restoration, and the wife is planning our house restoration. I still work part time (about 12K annual) on top of retirement and savings.

All things considered, I’m as busy now as I was when working.

I am overspending on the 67 Barracuda Vert restoration, starting to plan on the 54 Chevy wagon restoration, and the wife is planning our house restoration. I still work part time (about 12K annual) on top of retirement and savings.

OOOOHhhh....54 Chevy wagon!!! No pics????????????????????????????????????????????:mad::mob::poke:

I think it’s a 150. It’s stashed in a garage. Will try to get some photos tomorrow. It was my late father-in-law’s daily driver. Will get brought back to old car daily driver status.

The best thing about home brewing is that the beer has no additives (Nitrates and Nitrites) these two things will give you a headache. I've found that home brew doesn't give you a headache and greatly decreases the likelihood of a hangover......that way you can HAVE MORE

SEX!!!!
:rofl:

It's been scientifically proven that once you retire you only have a limited number of days to have sex. Each day that passes leaves you one less day to have some fun. There's no way to make up for the days you lose!!!

I like the metal detector idea. How about canning? I love pickled... anything. Can some chicken.
LOL can't cook but make a mean bowl of canned chili.
I like rock hunting and plan on doing that soon.

I here ya over spent on mine as well, and as far as being busy I am just looking for ideas on getting away from normal life and not over spending my budget.

It's been scientifically proven that once you retire you only have a limited number of days to have sex. Each day that passes leaves you one less day to have some fun. There's no way to make up for the days you lose!!!
Don't tell me that please that's scary. lol

you guys are lucky....I got to get a job before I can retire.

I'm retired working 60 hours every four days driving a Kenworth in the north central states.

Getting old ain't for sissies....

I'm retired working 60 hours every four days driving a Kenworth in the north central states.

Getting old ain't for sissies....
Did that and raised 8 kids by myself had half of them in my truck driving all over the states not to long ago so I know what it's like driving 1000 miles non stop so I think I can step back and be a sissie. lol

-
Back