bellhousing bolts for 727

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
I have a 67 dart..I'm getting ready to install my new TCI 727 trans to my 318. I now realize after some reading that I probably shouldn't have bought the TCI trans, but itis too late now, so hopefully I don't have any problems with that. this isn't what my question is though.

I don't have the bolts that bolt the trans bellhousing to the engine block, and I have no idea what bolts I need. I cant seem to find this info anywhere online. I have also tried looking for kits that include all of the bolts, and cant seem to find any of those. I just need to know what size bolts, how many bolts, and any other information about the bolts that I will need that go from the bellhousing to the engine block..

Any and all info will help me!

I haven't been on FABO in a while, but I know what FABO always comes through with awesome information! thanks in advance..

It takes four 3/8 16 and two 7/16 14 bolts around 1 1/2" in length.

You should be able to get the bolts at your Dodge/Chyrsler dealer. You will need as many as there are holes for and the size will be that of the engine block. If your really stuck i will pull one out of my tans and let you know.
What did the TCI trans set you back and why would you regret it?

You should be able to get the bolts at your Dodge/Chyrsler dealer. You will need as many as there are holes for and the size will be that of the engine block. If your really stuck i will pull one out of my tans and let you know.

after reading the sticky note in the transmission section..Lots of FABO members seem to agree that TCI is Total Crap Incorporated. lots of problems. I am hoping that these problems are due to user error installation though. I spent $970 on the trans from summit. the streetfighter 727.

no need to pull one out. I just need to go buy some bolts tomorrow and see if they fit. if its too long i guess just add a washer?

Do the trans bellhousing bolts include a captured washer on them? and is this necessary?

the 4 3/8 bolts are the same as intake bolts...

yeah..pretty self explanatory..since a 3/8 size thread is not going to work in a 7/16 hole or vise versa..

the two 7/16 threaded bolts are on the bottom of block...

IFIRCC they are coarse thread, 3/8 , 16 turns per inch, the 7/16 are coarse as well (I think):coffee2:need ?

I feel sort of dumb that i mind-screwed this so much.. for some reason i thought I had read somewhere that you need to use like 3-4 different size bolts, and I had no clue which ones I'd need.

looks like I was completely wrong though. Time to go back out and get going on her..I haven't touched her in wayyyy too long.

thanks guys..

Go to your local hardware store and purchase 4 of 3/8's X 1.25" bolts and lock washers.
Plus the the 2 of 7/16's X 1.5 bolts and lock washers. They are all National Coarse bolts.

Go to your local hardware store and purchase 4 of 3/8's X 1.25" bolts and lock washers.
Plus the the 2 of 7/16's X 1.5 bolts and lock washers. They are all National Coarse bolts.

do the lock washers need to be attached to the bolts though? I know that they do have some bolts with the lockwasher attached. does it even matter?

does it matter what grade I go for also? These bolts don't need to handle too much torque right?

Grade 5 is OK (you are going into aluminum) lock-washers are to be installed on the bolt.

-
Back