Bellhousing options for Doug Nash 4+1

-

DustinsDuster

Reaction score
So I got a good deal on a Doug Nash 5 speed for my Duster, and I'm trying to map out what parts I'm going to need, and what my budget will be. The motor is a 400 B block stroker, the trans has a Hemi 18 spline imput shaft, measures roughly 6.75" out from the face of the trans.

It seems stock style bells bolt up to three of the holes, but the lower left bolt hole isn't covered by the bell at all. So far, it looks like the QuickTime bell for Mopar B/RB to 3/4 speeds has a bunch of different mounting patterns, but most others I see are just the standard Mopar 4 speed style, missing that bottom left bolt hole. Just wondering if you guys know of any other reasonablly priced bells available that will work with my DN trans.

Most of us could not afford them LMAO. Nope, sorry

It's a Doug Nash, says it on the side. I was under the impression Doug Nash/Richmond/Gforce G5/Liberty shared the same bolt pattern. I could be wrong, but I know the DN/Richmond/G5 are all similar designs. Thought they even used a lot of the same parts.

I've got one of them. I modified a factory bell housing to mount it up.

In the area of the factory bell where there is no support for a hole, I filled in with a chunk of aluminum and weld, set the bell housing up on a milling machine and fly cut the face smooth, bored the register hole out to fit the retainer.

Send me your e-mail and I can send you some pics.

I know this is an old thread- did you install that Doug Nash in the Dart? I’m trying to put one in a 68 barracuda. Thanks- Mike

-
Back