bellhousing/scattershield

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
i have an aluminum bellhousing . but im more than positive thats not a good idea as i know a scattershield is necessary. 410 stroker with close to 500hp. now im stuck on wat to do ? i put a bunch of money into my motor and trans and dont want anything going to hell after i rev the motor up a bit?? some guidence please. wats the best bell to go withfor a good price?

QuickTime or the Lakewood scattershields.I have the Lakewood in my 73 D.Sport 340.I,ve heard the QuickTime is smaller,but think they both have similar faults.JMO

Do a search in the 4-speed forums.

QuickTime or the Lakewood scattershields.I have the Lakewood in my 73 D.Sport 340.I,ve heard the QuickTime is smaller,but think they both have similar faults.JMO

Do a search in the 4-speed forums.

got almost a new lakewood plate and even the bolts 250.00 plus the ride

$250 is a great deal,I know I paid over $400 shipped.Getting the fork on the throughout bearing was a joy.:toothy10:

is it as difficult to do this if im not using tti headers??

it dont make a difference what headers your using...im running hedmans and still had the problem with my quicktime...flexed way too much, and fabbing a bracket was a royal PAIN...the worst part is quicktime refuses to acknowledge the problem and has lied to those who ask about it...fits nice, is compact, but i doubt ill use them again

I just picked up an ansen scattershield for 200 bucks...needs sandblast and painted, but its never had an explosion in it (Which is what you want) and will get the job done

oh and btw, the last thing id be worried about going to hell revving up your engine with a stock bell is the car...your feet are WAY more important than any engine or car

it dont make a difference what headers your using...im running hedmans and still had the problem with my quicktime...flexed way too much, and fabbing a bracket was a royal PAIN...the worst part is quicktime refuses to acknowledge the problem and has lied to those who ask about it...fits nice, is compact, but i doubt ill use them again

I just picked up an ansen scattershield for 200 bucks...needs sandblast and painted, but its never had an explosion in it (Which is what you want) and will get the job done

oh and btw, the last thing id be worried about going to hell revving up your engine with a stock bell is the car...your feet are WAY more important than any engine or car

are u selling the ansen??

im going to be picking up a brand new lakewood bell for a pretty good price with the block saver plate as well, any major mods for the lakewoood pieces??

i used an ansen on my 360 crate motor with tti headers and had no issues at all with fit or fuction. anyone who runs the set up and is concerned with motor/trans flex try using a schumacker torque strap. it will keep everything in place.
terry

i used an ansen on my 360 crate motor with tti headers and had no issues at all with fit or fuction. anyone who runs the set up and is concerned with motor/trans flex try using a schumacker torque strap. it will keep everything in place.
terry

thats good to know as i just picked up an ansen myself

the flexing we are talking about though doesnt have to do with the engine or transmission, its the actual bellhousing where the starter mounts...you have to look at a picture of the quicktime bell to get an idea, but the pivot mounts to the starter ear, and the whole peice flexes

-
Back