Belmont Park Show

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that Belmont Park where they run some kinda famous horse race. They also have a pretty cool car show about 3 times a year. Here's some shots from this morning.....

***WARNING! Mixed car shots! Non-Mopar's included!***

Huge turn out.....
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09003-vi.jpg

Blown 440 `Cuda....
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09008-vi.jpg

`68 Chargers are probably one of THE coolest Mopars ever made.
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09016-vi.jpg

How's this for a color on this barge?
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09025-vi.jpg

This one doesn't need a tag line......
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09037-vi.jpg

EFI pretending to be a Hilborn system!
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09042-vi.jpg

BelmontCarShow_8_16_09043-vi.jpg

This `60 Chevy was slicker than Teflon coated ice....
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09039-vi.jpg

Hmmm.... Big tires for a Corvair?
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09028-vi.jpg

HOLY **** !!!!! A 454 lives in here!
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09030-vi.jpg

My Buddy Tom winning the Ladies over.....
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09022-vi.jpg

All original 427 / 4 spd. w/ a bench seat. $29,500 asking price.
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09006-vi.jpg

I've posted this before, but here's better pictures. This is absolutely insane.....
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09032-vi.jpg

BelmontCarShow_8_16_09031-vi.jpg

Is it just me, or does anyone else think of these as rolling yard sales?
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09014-vi.jpg

I think Camaros are belly-button cars, but this one was sharp!
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09044-vi.jpg

Growing up a friend of mine had a Yellow Firebird rag top and naturally nostalgia takes over.... <ah...> to be 17 again!
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09034-vi.jpg

Although this was on an Asian import that was customized beyond recognition, I thought this was neat. I can see a call being made to my vinyl sticker guy...
BelmontCarShow_8_16_09002-vi.jpg

All of a sudden a burn-out contest erupted! Being I drove Tom's 383 Duster (since mine is awaiting a new radiator....) while he drove his `68 Dart, I was encouraged by Tom to get in line with his Duster. I politely obliged on my way home. But these tracks were the first, laid down by a supercharged Hemi powered `41 Willys that you can barely see way off in the back ground of this parting shot. Hope you all enjoyed!

BelmontCarShow_8_16_09046-vi.jpg

I tried to make it with my son, but it was just too hot. He melted in about 15 minutes so we went home. Looks like it was pretty crowded. Love the corvair.

Thank you John :cheers: I have not seen grandpa monsters race car in a long time.
And tell Tom That T shirt works for me to.:toothy10:

The following editorial is not endorsed by A-bodies only and does not reflect the views of the management. Please direct your complaints directly to the poster.

Thanks for sharing! Here's my thoughts:

I don't care if pink was a factory color, it does not belong on a hot rod unless driven by a woman. The car is absolutely stunning in every other way and the craftsmanship is beautiful.

'68 Chargers are the bomb, no doubt. They just have a mean outlaw type look to them.

That "barge" is beautiful, color notwithstanding. :)

The hemi powered ford is over the top and I love it! A person could drive that 2 blocks and get more attention than a pickup full of 120 lb. blondes. I'm more low-key and prefer more stealth type builds, but that is wild!

IIRC, you can get a those EFI single runner systems directly from Hilborn now. Pretty cool stuff.

The '60 bubbletop is nice, but still a chevy.

The Corvair is pretty wild and definitely different. I wonder if the engine has to come out to change the distributor.

I like that Impala.

Everyone needs a coffin car in the garage, lol.

Hmm.... Rat Rods. I'm still wondering about that. As long as the engineering behind the running gear itself is solid, I guess it's OK. Like you say though, sometimes they look like a poorly welded rendition of a yard sale.

I've always liked the black/gold combination. That is a nice car, even for a crapmaro.

A friend had a convertible GTO in primer when I was in HS.

I like that sticker.

Bad *** burnout!!

Ok, I'm done, lol.

-
Back