Bench seat 71 Duster same as 73??

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Is the bench seat in a 73-74 Duster the same as my 71? Found a 73-4 bench seat for sale I'd like to buy but don't know if it is different. Plan on buying 1971 pattern Legendary seat covers. Thanks

Should be. The seat track changed in 75 when Cat. converters came in.

Careful i believe in 1973 they started the use of thinner seat backs for more rear leg room.

the latches are different .......the 71 will have a chrome lever latch on the side that lift up to move the seat back foward ......the 73/4 has a button ....im almost the same location ....that might be a concern on pre-made seat cover like from legendary .

I have a 74 high back with the center fold down armrest front bench in my 70 Swinger. The 74 bench came from a four door Dart so I had to take the looped brackets off the pegs so that the seat backs would fold forward for backseat access. If you buy pre-made upholstery, buy for the correct year that the seat is. I'm having mine recovered by a local shop. The mounting holes are the same if you're changing a bench for a bench.

Thanks Ill be sure to check the seat back release and look for a thinner back. I need to order 71 covers because I'm tying to do a correct year upholstery L1XX black/white.

You were exactly right, the 73 has a button to push on the seat release not the lever of the 71. My search continues for a 71 seat. Thanks

-
Back