Bench seat hinge covers

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have some new covers made for my Duster, but it's a 72 and doesn't have a 72 seat in it (no integral headrests). So I'm hoping I can identify it by the kind of hinge covers it should have.

Anyone have a pic of theirs? I'll post a pic of the hinge on mine later today

thanks

Here is a pic of the passenger's side hinge. I took this side cause it still has the chrome knob on it making it easier to see. Interesting thing is I don't see any way to attach a hinge cover.

So what have you got out there?

Picture 007.jpg

Hpw about a picture of the while seat ? Doesnt look like my 71 seat hinge.

I think I'm going to have some new covers made for my Duster, but it's a 72 and doesn't have a 72 seat in it (no integral headrests). So I'm hoping I can identify it by the kind of hinge covers it should have.

thanks

Here is a photo of front and back of 72 standard high back, no center arm rest seat hinge cover. Judging by the lack of a screw hole in your photo, it is not one of these seats. Sorry, I don't have any covers for the deluxe seats.

IMG_5717s.JPG

68 sedan. Look at my thread on the 70 swinger interior upgrade. I have a 73 seat in the front. The hinge covers are the same as the ones that 72demon has pictured and they are the ones. See that square hole on the hinge metal. A plastic piece fits in there much like the license plate plastic pieces do for the license plate screws and the screw goes into the plastic piece and holds the cover on the hinge there. The cover also is held in on the bottom by the seat covering material. See my thread for reference. Any bench seat 73 up should net you the plastic pieces and mounting screws along with the hinge covers as well. You could put a post on parts wanted and surely get the stuff you need. Good luck!!
Chas.

Thanks much! That's exactly what I needed to know. My plans are to have a new set of covers made in the 73 pattern in the proper grain, and in white. (I'll be leaving the black belts and headrests). After all that is done, I'll probably be selling off these white covers. They aren't ripped or have any splits, I just never really cared for them.

I'll put a "wanted" up to see if I can score the screws, squares, and covers (which will go black)

Thanks again

Anytime. My seats in the 70 Swinger were custom made from flat fabric. I wanted the 73 up style also and that is what I got as pictured. If you are close to Troy Texas, (between Ft Worth and San Antonio Look up Jerry Landes (74 sport). He had some nice covers made for his son (Aaron) and they were custom made. They look great and i am sure he can get you hooked up with the guy who did his. Getting these seats covered like this is not cheap FYI.
Chas.

Although I don't sell much, I've been a Legendary dealer since about 1991. So I'll have a chit chat with them and see what I come up with. If that doesn't pan out, I'll check in to your suggestion. Google says Troy is 91.4 miles away from me.

Here is a photo of front and back of 72 standard high back, no center arm rest seat hinge cover. Judging by the lack of a screw hole in your photo, it is not one of these seats. Sorry, I don't have any covers for the deluxe seats.

I believe I need these (ones pictured) exact hinge covers. I have a '72 340 duster with an all vinyl, no center armrest split bench seat. I have been looking everywhere online and cannot seem to find them. I checked the big names like legendary and year one. The only ones I have seen are "L" shaped (which appear to be the wrong style). Does anybody know where I can buy these. I need them in black.

Here is a picture of what I need from an actual 1972 plymouth duster brochure showing different interior options.

thanks
39.99 for a pair in white or black md2022100-black

md2022200-white 12.95 shipping 2.50 insurance. classic industries 1-800-854-1280 ask for a free catalog. and your seat is a 73 to 76. it looks just like the one that long hair guy had shown u on hear.

i need the driver side one with the chrome knob, do u have one to sell. 2darts has a pic of them on this forum, color doesnt matter. does anyone.

-
Back