Bench Seat Interchange

-

Piston Speed

Reaction score
Howdy,

Will the front bench seat from a '71 Dart fit in a '72 Demon?

And if anyone knows, what bench seats generally fit what A-bodies? I've heard that the rear bench from a Dart won't fit a Duster or Demon, for example.

Thanks!

Yes on the fronts but the Dart and Duster use different back seats.

There is a lot of variation in the back seats. Obviously, convertibles are different from fastbacks which are very different from 2-door HTs and sedans, and can't be swapped. The front benches differ a lot in shape (hi-back, low-back, headrests, split, center arm rest) but they probably all fit the same track -- the issue is whether you need access to the back seat or not.

a front seat will "work" from any 67-74 A body car including 4 doors. The 75-6 will still work but the track is designed for the converter hump in the floor.

I appreciate the responses. Hopefully others will find this useful in the future.

Comparing the data books, it looks like the 71 and 72 front benches differ enough that I'll need to use '71 upholstery.

The question is, will I be able to reupholster a '71 Dart Swinger bench seat with '71 Demon bench seat upholstery? As long as the headrests are the same (and they appear to be)?

From personal experience, the front seat from a 1973 Dart 4 door was installed in my '72 Demon and it fit fine however, it seems like it sat up a little higher.[which was fine by me]. Of course it may have been because the demon's seat was too "roached" to begin with. I used the Dart seat track. upholstry was different. {might the Demon seat have been shorter because of the lower roofline? IDK}.

-
Back