Bench seat value

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
If you have been searching for this bench seat out of a two door complete no tears and finally found a good one what would be a fair price to pay for it going in project Scamp daily and long distance driver

Attachments

• 5Kf5H15M73k53Md3Ncc2c5486ec179f0a1db7.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 5Lf5G45Kb3If3M93Hac2ca4ff0ad673ec1bde.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 190
  • paint1.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 218
I only paid 150 for the last one I bought. It was perfect and only needed to be dyed black

Attachments

• carpet and dash3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 5-18-09 e.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 182
I only paid 150 for the last one I bought. It was perfect and only needed to be dyed black

That's not the same seat. I threw one away like that because no wanted it for free!!!

I would say a couple hundred would be a good deal, I wouldn't pay over $300.

I have a white one with armrest in perfect condition(recovered 4 yrs ago) in
NJ, might be easier to dye gold.

That's the problem..well for me any ways.

Finding a good seat and then finding out the cost of shipping kills the deal.
I am looking now for a black bench just like in the first picture but even at fair price of about 250 turns into a unreasonable overall cost after shipping.
If you have the seat already its a few hundred to go to Legendary for new covers.
I am trying to upgrade my standard old bench so I need seat and covers.
But so far no luck
Seems that most of the solid project cars are on the West Coast but most of the good parts are on the East coast.
PM me if you have a seat please ...also is Grey Hound the cheapest way to ship a seat?
Thanks
Bruce B.

That's the problem..well for me any ways.

Finding a good seat and then finding out the cost of shipping kills the deal.
I am looking now for a black bench just like in the first picture but even at fair price of about 250 turns into a unreasonable overall cost after shipping.
If you have the seat already its a few hundred to go to Legendary for new covers.
I am trying to upgrade my standard old bench so I need seat and covers.
But so far no luck
Seems that most of the solid project cars are on the West Coast but most of the good parts are on the East coast.
PM me if you have a seat please ...also is Grey Hound the cheapest way to ship a seat?
Thanks
Bruce B.

This is my exact situation finding this seat seams like finding that needle in hay stack.Been looking for a couple of years and when I find one it's either needs to much repair or it's way to far away.May bite the bullet on this one.This one is on the east coast and Greyhound is around $125 to Indiana

Sometimes Truck Shipping can be cheaper if the party who is shipping will take it to a terminal, and the buyer will p/up at their closest terminal. But both have to agree. Or if anyone works at a business that does a lot of shipping and if the seller again would take it to a terminal/Trucking Co that you use frequently with "good discounts". You could third party bill it, then have it shipped to where you work and the buyer is responsible for the shipping charges at your place of employment. I have done this on the exact same thing as your first picture (except mine was alot worse) but the seat only cost me $40.00 and the shipping charges were only $75.00. It took a little while to work out the details across country, The seat was in California, I live in Ohio. Just a thought.... if you find something and can work out the details.. get a little creative as long as your place of employment doesn't mind.
As a second note I'm current recovering my seats, I got the seat covers from Legendary. They are not cheap at least to me $500.00+, but they're gold, and they will match the interior really well. Seems like that particular color is like, the most expensive, the most used and the hardest to match. I think that's why so many people opt for the black interior, respray all the metal inside with black, and buy the black door panels, and seat covers, and black carpeting, because they're way cheaper.. But it is looking good since I have got one side covered and am working on the other bucket.. Just my thoughts...

Attachments

• 73+ A-body front bench seat warm rest - originally taken from a 1974 Dodge Dart needs inside nu.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 147
Sometimes Truck Shipping can be cheaper if the party who is shipping will take it to a terminal, and the buyer will p/up at their closest terminal. But both have to agree. Or if anyone works at a business that does a lot of shipping and if the seller again would take it to a terminal/Trucking Co that you use frequently with "good discounts". You could third party bill it, then have it shipped to where you work and the buyer is responsible for the shipping charges at your place of employment. I have done this on the exact same thing as your first picture (except mine was alot worse) but the seat only cost me $40.00 and the shipping charges were only $75.00. It took a little while to work out the details across country, The seat was in California, I live in Ohio. Just a thought.... if you find something and can work out the details.. get a little creative as long as your place of employment doesn't mind.
As a second note I'm current recovering my seats, I got the seat covers from Legendary. They are not cheap at least to me $500.00+, but they're gold, and they will match the interior really well. Seems like that particular color is like, the most expensive, the most used and the hardest to match. I think that's why so many people opt for the black interior, respray all the metal inside with black, and buy the black door panels, and seat covers, and black carpeting, because they're way cheaper.. But it is looking good since I have got one side covered and am working on the other bucket.. Just my thoughts...

Thanks for the info I have sent an email to a friend that ships hardwood lumber all over the country to get some trucking info $$$$$$

-
Back