bench seats vs bucket

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
my 69 has 3 on the tree and no consol on the floor and was thnkin bout either droppin the 400 for the console?...or jus puttin in a bench seat?...any thoughts on that only benchs i've seen in cudas were in the 67's on here

Bench seats can be had for a song. Correct buckets and good tracks are outragous in price. If you ever get use to the fold down arm rest in the bench then change to buckets you miss that arm rest. Just food for thought.

I replaced the original bench in my Feather with a high back fold down arm rest bench out of a 72-3-4-5? junkyard Dart. After it being in there, going on three years now, I wouldn't replace it with buckets and console on a bet. Too damn comfortable leaning on that arm rest, and it doesn't hamper operation of the four speed shifter in the least. The tall seat backs look like buckets through the windows from a distance, and even after I go through the drill of replacing the upholstery with repop, it'll still be bunches cheaper than buckets and console.

I agree, I have an auto on the col. with bench and armrest and I would not change it for anything it is the most comfortable thing in the world!:-D

Might be using these, I got a quote for 700.00 :pale:yesterday to fix up my bench I might be using these.

65 Vart 002.jpg

700 is a rip job, who quoted that?

I have 69 barracuda deluxe seats in my 70 dart swinger and
I love them. The look is awesome, especially the chrome accents.

Give Larry a call at Mopar City and see if he has any seats for you.

Just depends. I like both. The buckets hold you a bit more snug and in place. I like them as long as the side bolsters are not to big and thich. They can get in the way of the old shifting arm.

I weighed a set of 70 bucket seats out of a Duster they were 62 pounds each so that puts a set at 124 pounds. Have not had the Dart bench out yet to weigh it. Any one know the weight of a bench seat? Would be interesting to see how they compare.

I have had two 1969 barracuda that came with bench seat from factory, so they did come that way.

If the car came with the original seats, I would repair/recover them if possible.

I have auto on floor with console and buckets in my 67 convertible, but plan on converting it to 4 speed on floor without console, I bet I miss the armrest since my daily drivers have'em.

My race car has a aftermarket automatic floor shifter and I still use the bench seat. The seat came in the car but is from an earlier year Dart swinger. People do not seem to notice the different headrest and the slight differences between the front and rear upholstery patterns.

I wish I had a bench seat with an armrest or a separate armrest unit (like used in late 60's B-bodies) to use in my 67 vert!

Bob

I have had two 1969 barracuda that came with bench seat from factory, so they did come that way.

If the car came with the original seats, I would repair/recover them if possible.

I have auto on floor with console and buckets in my 67 convertible, but plan on converting it to 4 speed on floor without console, I bet I miss the armrest since my daily drivers have'em.

My race car has a aftermarket automatic floor shifter and I still use the bench seat. The seat came in the car but is from an earlier year Dart swinger. People do not seem to notice the different headrest and the slight differences between the front and rear upholstery patterns.

I wish I had a bench seat with an armrest or a separate armrest unit (like used in late 60's B-bodies) to use in my 67 vert!

Bob

The best of both in OEM would be buckets and a buddy seat. Again expensive, if you can find one.
Another option is bucket seats with a substitute console from some other vehicle or homemade. Those consoles provide more storage space under the padded door /armrest plus cup holders, lighter wells, etc...
There are measued drawings of a homemade console in a thread here somewhere.
Any bum can sleep on a bench. He's gotta be mighty sleepy to sleep on 2 buckets. LOL

The best of both in OEM would be buckets and a buddy seat. Again expensive, if you can find one.
Another option is bucket seats with a substitute console from some other vehicle or homemade. Those consoles provide more storage space under the padded door /armrest plus cup holders, lighter wells, etc...
There are measued drawings of a homemade console in a thread here somewhere.
Any bum can sleep on a bench. He's gotta be mighty sleepy to sleep on 2 buckets. LOL

Especially with a console in his back lol.

yeah i'm assumin mine came with a bench from the factory due to no console bein in there....the guy i bought the car from has no info because he bought it as a 69 shell

i like bench seats but i cant see spending big cahs to keep one. i cant see the money for correct year a body seats either though. my duster seat is blown th ehell out, i really want to get a late model compact car set of buckets and get them covered to look like they belong.

I vote Bench really comfortable and the arm rest as mentioned flip that thing back up and you have the perfect make out front seat scenario.

2 of my 3 cars have a bench seat and i would not change it even if someone gave me a set of new upholstered buckets and really gives off that sleeper look if you are into that sort of thing

i had buckets in my other dart shifter on the floor this time staying with the bench

I went from bench to buckets, 73 Duster seats into a 70 Dart. Reworking the brackets to fit was a real chore. I like the look of the buckets, but the bench wins the comfort category. My dart will have a hood scoop. Therefore; it must have bucket seats? (illogical logic??)

-
Back