Bench to Buckets

-

Forrest

Reaction score
Are there any problems or issues with replacing the front bench seat with a pair of bucket seats? '69 Dart automatic with steering column shift lever.
Thanks,
Forrest

Biggest issue is adequately reinforcing the floor at the bucket seat mounting points. There's different places, including eBay, to purchase the correct shape floor reinforcing plates or you can just make your own and weld them in.
You DO NOT want the seat mount bolts pulling through an un-reinforced floor in case of an accident. End result would not be pretty.

ocdart has the answer. the bolt hole locations are inside of the old ones for the bench seat. but you need to make sure you stay on the frame attachment stiffener for the outside two holes. if you look up under the car where the old bench seat holes are, you will see the holes for the bucket seats, they just weren't drilled

If you have a fold down center arm rest you will miss it once its gone.
About all you can do with the OEM center console is try to keep it clean LOL

Do what i did.make your own plates 3 1/2 by 3 /1/2 inches and weld them in.A got lots of help on this one.My 69 Dart was bench now buckets.You only need 4 plates.Here is a pic of when mine was finished.Cost me 30 dollars to have the plates made,i drilled the holes and my buddy welded them in N C

100_1728.jpg

Why ditch the bench? Your sweetie can't sit right next you for some long drive grope sessions.

Boobs first, cars second. :evil4:

Why ditch the bench? Your sweetie can't sit right next you for some long drive grope sessions.

Boobs first, cars second. :evil4:
LOL :toothy10:

I'm putting late model Neon seats in mine. Like has been mentioned before, just make sure you re-enforce the mounting points and you should be good to go.

j

Do what i did.make your own plates 3 1/2 by 3 /1/2 inches and weld them in.A got lots of help on this one.My 69 Dart was bench now buckets.You only need 4 plates.Here is a pic of when mine was finished.Cost me 30 dollars to have the plates made,i drilled the holes and my buddy welded them in N C

Do you know what gauge of steel you used? I was thinking 10 gauge would be about right.

-
Back