Benefit Auction for 67dart273

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Setting up one of our famous benefit auctions to help out one of our long time members who has provided tons of help and knowledge to others on this forum over the years.

For those that do not know, Del aka 67Dart273 suffered a house fire a few weeks back and is needing some help getting back on his feet.

ALERT !! Tragedy !! 67Dart273

So what we’re gonna do is a benefit auction to try to help him out.

how this will work is some member here will list an item, others will bid on it via this thread with the proceeds going to Del. The listing member is allowed to bid on their own option.

Items can be anything car related or not car related as long as it’s “legal”.

No new members. Must have been a member here for at least 30 days and have more than 10 posts.

Unless noted by the person donating an item states otherwise. winning bidder is responsible for shipping costs

Auction will end at midnight on 28 August 2024 or at discretion of admins. Notice of any changes to end date will be posted 24 hours out minimum(this is in case del needs the funds sooner)

All items should be paid within 48 hours of auction close. PayPal address will be posted the last day of auction.

So I’m off to my treasure trove aka storage shed to see what I can find.

Times are tight but I think we can get him something at least.

@RustyRatRod I’ll ask @toolmanmike to this pin this, yo Mike! Need some help pinning this please

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm in also. I'll add a little "Del story" for those that may not know.
My mig welder took a dump, literally. Had it for approx 7-8 years and used it maybe 10 times(flux core). I finally bit the bullet and bought a bottle for some GOOD mig welding. Made sparks for literally 5 seconds and kaput! Board was fried Del offered to try n repair it without any schematics anything. I mailed it to him and SOMEHOW he was able to track down RUSSIAN schematics and fix it! Unbelievable.
Thanks for starting this DB. I'll dig thru my stash as well.
Oh, I'll start with brand new a body repop remote mirror. Pics in a bit

I don't know Del from Adam but we went through a 100 year flood and lost almost everything we owned so I can relate to this guy's plight. By the way great story Steve! Karrin and I would be more than happy to put an item up. I know this could get overwhelming with the number of members and everyone trying to help after this man's fire but if it is allowed we will dig something out of the stash. Just let us know the procedure to make the listing.
Thanks Guys

Setting up one of our famous benefit auctions to help out one of our long time members who has provided tons of help and knowledge to others on this forum over the years.

For those that do not know, Del aka 67Dart273 suffered a house fire a few weeks back and is needing some help getting back on his feet.

ALERT !! Tragedy !! 67Dart273

So what we’re gonna do is a benefit auction to try to help him out.

how this will work is some member here will list an item, others will bid on it via this thread with the proceeds going to Del. The listing member is allowed to bid on their own option.

Items can be anything car related or not car related as long as it’s “legal”.

Auction will end at midnight on 28 August 2024.

So I’m off to my treasure trove aka storage shed to see what I can find.

Times are tight but I think we can get him something at least.

@RustyRatRod I’ll ask @toolmanmike to this pin this, yo Mike! Need some help pinning this please
Got it. Looking around for some fun items to auction off.

Honored to be the 1st,
Brand new repop mirror for abodies. Complete with hardware. I paid approx $140 US.

20240805_220304.jpg

20240805_220257.jpg

20240805_220246.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU @dukeboy440. I wanted to do this myself, but I have been having some real health issues and of course now would be the time I really don't need that mess. I greatly appreciate you jumpin in. I want to add to this also Del's email for both Paypal and Zelle. It is [email protected] That one email is for both. Some members have already sent something to him that way. So if you want to help but have nothing to donate, please send a little something that way. When I say little, I mean any amount, no matter how small. It all helps. I will be back in a bit to post an item or two myself.

I believe that mirror is also for 66-70 B body cars.

I'll go $50 to start.

I'll add a couple of things. First up is a resealed power steering pump for a slant 6. It will include the pump, brackets and attaching hardware. I will also include the P/S pulley that bolts to the crankshaft pulley.
SLANT 6 PUMP.JPG

Del is such a valuable asset to this community so I’m in.

I am placing up for auction a brand new, (unopened until today to take pictures) set of NOS small block Direct Connection valve covers. Date on box is 2007. They are perfect in every way. 100% of all proceeds go to Help @67Dart273. Bid high gentlemen.
7335A2EB-11DD-4736-BC59-0F42290FDB9A.jpeg

9D89457D-227B-4A12-A629-F7DD1F4249DD.jpeg

A07D7DAF-4302-44B9-8EC1-05AC4ECE03BB.jpeg

Next up is my older NOS Old Air AC and heater box. This is AC AND HEAT. I tested the blower motor and it works fine. Never installed. You know, NOS? Old Air in Texas still sells all the accessories to make this work.
AC HEAT BOX.JPG

Up for bid:
(1) NS1 RED 340 air cleaner pie tin #P4529084, correct for 1968 cars. This is from the last batch of MP issued reproductions. I bought it from Summit about 4 years ago.

I'll start the bidding at $50 US, including shipping. That means if no one bids $50, I'll pay Del, and keep it myself. If some wisenheimer bids $51, expect another bid from me!

Screenshot_20240815-183308.png

(Web photo)

*Edit*
Actual photo. The marks are reflected light. The ID plate is perfect.
IMG_20240816_134000654_HDR_AE.jpg

Last edited:
Item 1: donated by @4spdragtop is an A body reproduction mirror. Pics are here

Current Bid: $50 by @YY1

Item 2: donated by @RustyRatRod power steering slant 6 set up. current bid:

Item 3: donated by @TT5.9mag . NOS direct connection valve covers: current bid: 100 by @ s’cuder

Item 4: donated by rusty rat rod. Nos old air box. Current bid :

Item 5: donated by @s’cuder. 1) NS1 RED 340 air cleaner pie tin #P4529084, correct for 1968 cars. Current bid: 50 by @s’cuder

I'm in of course! (After losing most everything to Hurricane Katrina I have a pretty good idea of what our friend Del is dealing with.) My heart goes out to him and his family!

Set of four vintage plastic coasters laser printed with "Edelbrock Manifolds."
IMG_20240815_171120.jpg

IMG_20240815_171131.jpg

Set of four vintage plastic coasters laser printed with "Edelbrock SCORPION." (One is slightly stained but you won't notice when your beer is sitting on it.)
IMG_20240815_171151.jpg

IMG_20240815_171156.jpg

One Gift Certificate for $110 good for one year from my metal restoration / powder coating shop you might have heard of. Phoenix Specialty Coatings ~ Exceptional Custom Powder Coating

17237618492375085060579780501207.jpg

Here is a really nice entry level air brush set. It is Paasche single action air brush. NEW and never used. Been on the shelf for years and the box has some moisture damage and some mold on the instruction booklet, but still perfectly legible. Also included is a new never used air brush compressor. I've plugged it in and it works fine. This will be a nice addition to an already established air brush artist's collection, or a nice way to get into doing it for a beginner. Just a nice, complete little set.
AIR BRUSH1.JPG
AIR BRUSH2.JPG
AIR BRUSH3.JPG
AIR BRUSH4.JPG

Here is an NOS Harvey aluminum 172 tooth HEMI 8 bolt flywheel. It's neutral balanced and will work for any 8 bolt flange Mopar application. It is a marine flywheel, but Harvey made these with the bolsters on the back to handle being drilled and tapped for pressure plates in automotive applications. Very nice nostalgic piece.
FLYWHEEL1.JPG
FLYWHEEL2.JPG
FLYWHEEL3.JPG
FLYWHEEL4.JPG

Item 3: donated by @TT5.9mag . NOS direct connection valve covers: current bid: 100 by @ s’cuder

Item 5: donated by @s’cuder. 1) NS1 RED 340 air cleaner pie tin #P4529084, correct for 1968 cars. Current bid: 50 by @s’cuder

Item 6: Donated by Cudachick. Edelbrock coasters. Set 1. Current bid:

Item 7: Donated by Cudachick. Edelbrock Scorpion coasters. Set 2. Current bid:

Item 8: Donated by Cudachick. $110 Phoenix Specialty Coatings gift certificate. Current bid:

Item 9: Donated by RustyRatRod: Paasche air brush set with compressor. Current bid:

Item 10: Donated by RustyRatRod: NOS Harvey aluminum flywheel. Current bid:

Here is a really nice entry level air brush set. It is Paasche single action air brush. NEW and never used. Been on the shelf for years and the box has some moisture damage and some mold on the instruction booklet, but still perfectly legible. Also included is a new never used air brush compressor. I've plugged it in and it works fine. This will be a nice addition to an already established air brush artist's collection, or a nice way to get into doing it for a beginner. Just a nice, complete little set.
View attachment 1716289829View attachment 1716289828View attachment 1716289827View attachment 1716289826
That is an oldie. Can't beat old stuff. I'll start it at $ 180.00

Item 5: donated by @s’cuder. 1) NS1 RED 340 air cleaner pie tin #P4529084, correct for 1968 cars. Current bid: 50 by @s’cuder Current bid: $75 1MeanA

Item 8: Donated by Cudachick. $110 Phoenix Specialty Coatings gift certificate. Current bid:

Item 9: Donated by RustyRatRod: Paasche air brush set with compressor. Current bid:

Item 5: donated by @s’cuder. 1) NS1 RED 340 air cleaner pie tin #P4529084, correct for 1968 cars. Current bid: 50 by @s’cuder Current bid: $75 1MeanA

Item 9: Donated by RustyRatRod: Paasche air brush set with compressor. Current bid: 180 to @64 AAR Valiant

-
Back