Benny the Beaver sez....(w/pics)

-

ShowAndGoResto

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share with you guys what I found under the carpet in my B5 blue 70 340 Duster when I took it all apart..
Windsor built car...factory assembly line paper drinking cup...they just threw it inside and one side got painted over before the carpet was installed on top...

Gotta wonder if this is from where they were considering calling the Demon cars - BEAVERS! LOL.

Benny.jpg

Benny 2.jpg

Benny 3.jpg

"Benny the Beaver sez...Falls Hurt - Watch as you Walk"

The painted side looks like it says to 'Put it out' (cigarette)....

It has the Pentastar on it!:cheers:

LoL, you'd never see a cup like that, these days. Mention of "Beavers" in the work place...!

Nice find!

:toothy10:Now they're gonna have correct placement of discarded drinking cup on the list of items the judges will be looking for at shows! LOL

That looks like a safety reminder cup. I haven't seen one of those in years and never one from an assembly line. Great find! If you ever put your car on BJ that will be a very unusual piece of the cars history.

Jack

Not prehistoric but prestyrofoam atleast. Those dropped out of the coffee vending machine. The machine would vend hot choclate and chicken soup too.
I remember being told there was a chicken leg hanging from a string inside. The hot water ran over it, thus soup. Later the same informant sez, " I just saw the guy replace the drumstick, Better get a good cup of soup before its gone."
Last workday before Christmas the company would put all those machines on free vend.

Reckon you could get a DNA sample from that cup? Then you could track down the line worker that left it there... kick his *** for leaving his trash like that! Bet that would surprise him!!!

...........Its true ...they were going 2 call the Demon........BEAVER.......im sure glad they didnt................its in a magazine , i just cant find it at the moment...............kim........

It's probably a good thing they scrapped the "Beaver" name.

Can you imagine walking into a parts store and asking for a pair of headlights for your Beaver?:toothy10:

How about about getting a lube job and an oil change? "I need to get my Beaver serviced!":shock:

But on the other hand....they might've sold pretty well in Oregon!:thumbup:

It's probably a good thing they scrapped the "Beaver" name.

Can you imagine walking into a parts store and asking for a pair of headlights for your Beaver?:toothy10:

How about about getting a lube job and an oil change? "I need to get my Beaver serviced!":shock:

But on the other hand....they might've sold pretty well in Oregon!:thumbup:

You have to pump your beaver a couple times till it warms up in cold weather.

Imagine going to to the shop because your Beaver is leaking and have the mechanic ask if your Beaver leaks when it's running...

Can't resist.

Service clerk: "Howdy ma'am, how can I help you?"

Customer: "Something's wrong with my 72 Beaver. It sounds like something is rubbing, and it's making quite a stink"

Service clerk: "That's not surprising. We hear that complaint quite often. Usually when your Beaver gets older, that's a common problem"

Sorry,
Grant

I'll get banned..... I need good karma right now, I just interviewed this past Thursday for a job that will pay me 40% more than I'm making now....

-
Back