best aftermarket small block head??

-

mopow3r

Reaction score
whats is the best aftermarket head for the money? def looking for something under $1600 for sure. anybody running any on their car that they just love? throw me some ideas guys! thanks

No, man, forgot the names.....its the ones that come in magnum and X head configurations. They are iron. Cant beat W2's and you can still get them for under 1600 a set. check out Shady Dell

thank you very much, and good i just want something that flows better than the x heads, i wasnt impressed

Depends on budget and expectations.

As well as the intended usage as well as other parts already accumulated vs if you are starting from scratch.

For a stock application the best bang for the buck that I have ever bought was a CNC set from Modern Cylinder Head. I made 627 hp with my stroker and those heads.

W2 heads are good but need porting if you want crazy HP or high rpm.

Talk to Ryan Johnson at Shady Dell Speed shop, he is a small block guru. He had a turbo w2 motor that made 1300Hp and revved out to 9,000 rpm!!! he built my big block and he knows his stuff he will suggest a base head casting, what cam, wat valvetrain, and anything else for the motor to make the cylinder heads fit your car and motor the best

-
Back