Best aftermarket upper and lower control arms

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a all out build on my 1968 dart and want it to handle good but also be good at the track .... What do you recommend? Thanks alot

I'm doing a all out build on my 1968 dart and want it to handle good but also be good at the track .... What do you recommend? Thanks alot

I assume by "track" you mean a drag strip track?

Factory upper with moog offset upper bushing installed for 3 degrees positive caster will be fine for what you are doing to give you good handling. But Hotchkis, Firm Feel, Reilly Motorsorts are all brands people have historically be happy with. Pick poly upper bushings or spherical. Sphericals have least amount of resistance for front end rise. Sphericals will not last as long, need manual lubing, and you should try to get dust covers for them.

Also stock lower control arms are fine too. Aftermarket LCA have exact same geometry just the end half of them is tubular and the inner half is formed thick sheet steel like stock.

ok, I am using the stock K-frame . I would use stock upper and lowers but Im doing the car once and only once. I also don't have stock upper or lowers. Thanks for the input, yes by track I mean drags

SPC uppers. Only double adjustable arm on the market. Delrin bushings. Easiest to align and the widest range of adjustment period.

just find a set of stock lowers and box them in.. put a set of RMS upper arms and strut rods on it and call it a day..:)

^ like Joe said....I used Firm Feel uppers though, and boxed in my lowers. Very happy.

SPC uppers. Only double adjustable arm on the market. Delrin bushings. Easiest to align and the widest range of adjustment period.

Those are very nice too. And delrin bushings is a great compromise between spherical and poly bushings.

There is a Reilly setup for sale on the Columbus, Ohio craigslist.

When I check the websites on the SPC uppers it only shows double adjustable for 70 and up cars (larger models). Nothing for 69 Barracuda?? I do have the larger ball joint because I switched to disc brakes. Do these 70 and up uppers work on my Barracuda??
I do prefer the double adjustable.
thanks,
Treblig

When I check the websites on the SPC uppers it only shows double adjustable for 70 and up cars (larger models). Nothing for 69 Barracuda?? I do have the larger ball joint because I switched to disc brakes. Do these 70 and up uppers work on my Barracuda??
I do prefer the double adjustable.
thanks,
Treblig

NOBODY???

Treblig

-
Back