best bang for the buck?

-

ultraman

ultraman
Reaction score
need answers on the pros and cons, turbo a 360 or a 440.
looking for best bang for the buck and something i can learn on and improve on.

We need to hear your goals.

I refuse to offer advice without knowing more details.

I dont even know what car your hypothesizing about.

Is the car 100% Drag?

How much money are we playing with theoretically?

Unless you want 1200hp I am gonna say 360.

i think he said a turbo 360 or a 440.. meaning turbo small block or a n/a 440. As you said need to know street/race/car etc before anything.. also fab skills for doing a turbo. Look at the time maddart has in his currently

a lot more fabrication work and money to do a turbo 360

440 will be easier and cheaper

I say dont just charge it, Super Charge it!!!!!

well since where on an abody site i thought the type of car would be obvious, its a dart. not to be cunfused with an e or b body.
and as far as street or drag, outlaw drag radial cars witch are street, run in the 7s.
soooooooooooo.
like i asked, 360 or 440
AS IN THE SKIES THE LIMIT.

I say dont just charge it, Super Charge it!!!!!

The guy needs to post his wants for this thing, in terms not only of street/strip, but what kind of car he wants to buikd; Early A-Body, '70s Barracuda/Challenger, or something in between.

The answer can't be decided without more information, for sure.:angry7:

well since where on an abody site i thought the type of car would be obvious, its a dart. not to be cunfused with an e or b body.
and as far as street or drag, outlaw drag radial cars witch are street, run in the 7s.
soooooooooooo.
like i asked, 360 or 440
AS IN THE SKIES THE LIMIT.

You must work for Microshaft. "While your answer was technically correct, it really wasn't very helpful."

You want to run "7's"?? In what, the 1/8? If you have to ask how to run 7's in the quarter, you probably should not be. A 7 second race car is no joke, has great potential for being very dangerous in handling to not only the driver but others, and must meet some pretty stringent rules to even show up at most drag strips.

Hemi crate engine, for starts.

Either or best bang for the buck will end up being SKY is the Limit! haaaaaaa

You need to remember Big Power will also take some rear end modifications to get it to hook well. You will at least need some Caltracs, Mono Leafs & Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks in the Rear, Sub Frame connectors, Cage, Torque Boxes & 90/10 Shocks up front. This is all going Best Bang for the buck.............Not going nuts or anything!

chassis and suspension are not my issue. in a five mile radius of my shop i have S&W, ED QUAY AND PERSSISION CHASSIS, chassis questions will be directed at them.
what motor 360 or 440 will take me the furthest.
at the shakedown at e-town this last summer i saw a small block ford mustang with a big turbo go 7.77 in 1/4 mile and he drives it to car shows when its not racin.
the after market parts and tech for a turbo mopar are not avaliable like a mustang.
do i wana go 7s? not right now.
i want to learn how to get there, and want to do it in a 68 dart, mopar powerd.
i have 2 440s so im gona go that way, and figure it out myself, thanks for the help.

chassis and suspension are not my issue. in a five mile radius of my shop i have S&W, ED QUAY AND PERSSISION CHASSIS, chassis questions will be directed at them.
what motor 360 or 440 will take me the furthest.
at the shakedown at e-town this last summer i saw a small block ford mustang with a big turbo go 7.77 in 1/4 mile and he drives it to car shows when its not racin.
the after market parts and tech for a turbo mopar are not avaliable like a mustang.
do i wana go 7s? not right now.
i want to learn how to get there, and want to do it in a 68 dart, mopar powerd.
i have 2 440s so im gona go that way, and figure it out myself, thanks for the help.

Better have DEEEEP pockets. Top end alone for a big block is gonna be some serious coin.. Bottom end will double that! Turbo will need to be 101mm or better. Injected or Carb??? Auto trans?? Dana?? Fuel system that can handle 2000hp plus.

My 411" "Budget" Build has already exceeded $5500.00.. Completely different car for turbo!! Having to start from scratch on my ride! Complete new front-end. Double disc clutch setup for the 4 speed. Brace the rear-end. Big axles. Bead-lock rear wheels. 4 wheel disc brakes and the list just gets bigger!!!!!!!

its only money and theres plenty of it to be made.
i know all about spending money on toys.

its only money and theres plenty of it to be made.
i know all about spending money on toys.

Why would someone with virtually unlimted money to spend, post a thread, the title of which is, "Best Bang for the Buck"???????

Why would he care, if indeed, he has unlimited money to spend on it?

Go figure....:angry7:

well dedman, in phily when we say best bang for the buck, it means we do care about money, thats why we have it to spend.
now im not a millionaire, but i do pay attention where my money comes from and where it goes, because i cant afford to throw away brand new parts.

well dedman, in phily when we say best bang for the buck, it means we do care about money, thats why we have it to spend.
now im not a millionaire, but i do pay attention where my money comes from and where it goes, because i cant afford to throw away brand new parts.

I agree, I bought more than a few things I did not need and turned around and sold them for a LOSS! I think builds are always like that though, at least a little bit anyway.

That flies in the face of a comment like "THE SKIES(sic) THE LIMIT."

Guess we're just on 2 different pages.

Good luck with your "money is no object" project.

World Products all aluminum 572 inch Hemi, $26,000. 700+ horsepower at 5500 rpm should put you where you want and probably the best bang for the buck in many respects.

Happy now?

-
Back