Best Body Panels

-

'67barracuda

inaiana cuda
Reaction score
Who has the best repair panels? I live 3 miles from the Paddock and I have had friends use thier parts on mustangs and gto's but I have heard that somtimes the panels dont look right or fit right. I will be going to the Nat's on saturday to look at other vendors so please give me some info on who's good and who to stay away from. Also if anyone knows of a good body man in central Indiana let me know.

Thanks
Dale

All the skins/repo body panels are chruned out of the same factory in Taiwan or China. They all have ripples in them and will need work if you're replacing the entire skin.

I`ve heard there`s only one company called Legion (I think) in Taiwan that stamps out the quarter skins. As far as patch panels,etc. there`s a company in Canada making some, and it`s what most companies are carrying, but the quality is not so good. Buy original metal if you can find it, it`s the only way to go.

That's correct about the source of the stamped quarter panels. They are all from the same off shore factory and all sales outlets have the same ones. I have installed three sets of these on a 1969 Dart and two 1970 Darts and have found them to actually fit very well. They are a tad thinner than factory ones but that has never caused any problems. I've been buying them from this dude on eBay and they are drop shipped for a very good price. I'm currently in the process of installing another set on my 1970 Dart Swinger 340 shown in the pic below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...017QQitemZ270147130117QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Quarter1.jpg

Quarter5.jpg

-
Back