Best brakes that will still work with 14" rims?

-

mrnurse

Reaction score
Well like the title says..... I want to keep my 14" rallye rims but I want good brakes too. Would like to have disk brakes front and rear. My car is a 70 swinger two door and I believe they are 9" drums. .... You measure inside the drum right!?!?! Sorry brain fart.... Any help is greatly appriciated!!!!

Also rims are the BBP. And the plans are for 8.75 rear.

I used ssbc conversion for the front i'm happy with them too lazy to hunt down parts in a junk yard or two or three.

dumb question...... front drum and studs are all one unit?? overall diameter is about 11 1/2 or so inches.... still the 9 inch drums right? will the willwood kit for 9 inch drums still clear the 14" rallye rims? and 14" with BBP......would that be later year a bodies?

dumb question...... front drum and studs are all one unit?? overall diameter is about 11 1/2 or so inches.... still the 9 inch drums right? will the willwood kit for 9 inch drums still clear the 14" rallye rims? and 14" with BBP......would that be later year a bodies?

Yes, they are one unit. They can be broken apart, but it is better not to. You need to measure the Inside Diameter where the brake shoes ride to know what size brakes you have. BBP is 73 up A body discs.

I know the brakes on my car are sbp, I bought some 14" rallye rims and would like to use them if possible. I was told they were sbp but they ended up being bbp. So I'm looking for a good brake system for the front that is bbp and will fit in the 14" rim. Unless someone has a set of sbp 14" rims they wanna trade........

-
Back