Best cam for the street both power & sound

-
Here's a Teen with a 6901 cam.The guy needs to tune it because they aren't that radical of a cam.

That 6901 is a perfect cam for a stock 318. It's pretty mild.
LOL! I sold my 318 with a 6901 to an older guy who has a 49 Plymouth. He's running the stock intake and BBD with that cam...he's happy so far...but concerned with gas mileage i told him "you'll be ok with that BBD..." but yes they are the street cam or classic cam i think the series is called...they have a series above that may be called performance series or something like that.

LOL! I sold my 318 with a 6901 to an older guy who has a 49 Plymouth. He's running the stock intake and BBD with that cam...he's happy so far...but concerned with gas mileage i told him "you'll be ok with that BBD..." but yes they are the street cam or classic cam i think the series is called...they have a series above that may be called performance series or something like that.
Old style grinds. Lots of advertised duration and not a lot of lift. Easy on valve train and springs.

In a more serious note,, We have all been there. 19 years old,You will make plenty mistakes in this hobby.
God knows I have. It's good to see some young blood 'round here. Better than most kids these days.Keep us updated on your progress with all aspects of the car and build. :thumbsup:
I will definitely keep you all updated on the build.
And old cars just have more character and personality to me than newer sport/muscle cars
Love the old schools
When i saw this duster in the field i knew i had to save it! Literally contacted the guy made a deal and drug it out and loaded on the trailer. Now it is time for the Beginning of a new chapter for Ole "Dusty"

I will definitely keep you all updated on the build.
And old cars just have more character and personality to me than newer sport/muscle cars
Love the old schools
When i saw this duster in the field i knew i had to save it! Literally contacted the guy made a deal and drug it out and loaded on the trailer. Now it is time for the Beginning of a new chapter for Ole "Dusty"
Good luck to you. I hope it's setting in your driveway soon.

My Uncle had a 70 or 71 slant 6 Duster in like 79 or 80. Never thought they'd be collectible like today...I was telling an old timer " in the 80s we thought the cars would be around forever and that they would always be cheap..."

I think I responded with "Summit K 6901" however I was waiting for a argument and contradiction...that Summit cam supposedly comes in close to the stock 69-later 340 cam from what I hear...is the the best?
i responded previously in post #6, but since you asked...

i think that there are many better cams for the application, but value for money wise it's probably the best choice after a white box melling grind.

the 6901 is kind of an amalgamation of 68 340 4spd, 340 AT and MP cam specs with some creative license thrown in.

stock AT 340 was 429/444 268/276 which the 6901 summit cam is not.

the things that turn me off on it are the amount of duration, the wide LSA and the (somewhat) single pattern design. if it was in a car with a 4spd and the motor had some compression? sure. but that cam really wants cubes to sing.

-
Back